Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just updated my firmware to cobb's latest, and installed the Perrin Stage 1 map.

Boost seems right on with what most people are seeing - a little over 14 psi max. I believe I got the v2 perrin map.

My problem is im experiencing some really poor throttle response. Maybe its just me, but it seems the throttle has been reprogramed to be MUCH less responsive. The first .5" of throttle does nothing, no revs no nothin. The stock throttle was admittedly too hair-triggery, but the new feel is very hard to get used to. Is it just me, or is this common?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah I found that the cobb stage 1 map was more responsive at low rpm. One thing I've had trouble getting used to is starting in first gear with the perrin map. The throttle seems to be dead for a while and then kicks in. I find myself over revving a lot by accident.

·
Registered
344 Posts
you need to let the ECU to relearn. Its going to idle and run like crap for the first 100 miles.
+1, mine was like that for a bit. Give it some time, it feels much better than stock now.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Another reason is that Perrin changes the throttle mapping. The lowest 10% or so is less responsive than the rest. They felt that it was easier to drive. The upper ranges are tuned to have very good position to throttle relationships I believe it is broken into position increments similar to the S# mode on LGTs and STis.
For the first 100 miles or so, this "reset" is very prominent until the ecu re-learns the throttle positions and open %s in relation to the AFR. It can cause stalling if you are not giving a bit more gas than usual as well.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
give it time.mine did the same thing.now it is more responsive than stock!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
On a side note: Anyone have the 91 oct Rallitek map to share? :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i just changed my map from the perrin stage 1 91 to the cobb stage 1 93.i wanna see the differences in the drivability.is anyone running the cobb maps?what do you think of them.let me know.thanks.

·
Registered
717 Posts
yup, just get used to it. i stalled the first time after the reflash. ha.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
what map are you running?i want a little more low end.the perrin is awesome but has no low end and poor throttle response on takeoff.if i dont like the cobb,ill go back to the perrin.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I don't know what "low end" you guys are wanting. You aren't going to have any real power till the turbo spools up, with any map.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On a side note: Anyone have the 91 oct Rallitek map to share? :)
What is the differnce between the rallitek and perrin maps? If rallitek is better I would like someone to share that map with me. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts