Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 WRX and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced or could clarify a problem that I;ve been having: In hard right-hand (and only right-hand) turns, as the springs settle back to level after compressing in the turn, I am hearing a loud popping noise from the rear. Is this a strut compressing or flexing and has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
If its the spring, try spraying grease on all the perch to spring contact points and see if that alleviates the problem.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your suspension stock or did you change the setup? As in springs or coilovers?
Sorry- I should have been more specific: I'm running RalliTek sway bars Front & Rear with Perrin Front EndLinks and RalliTek rear endlinks. The only other chassis mod (besides lighter wheels) is a Cusco front strut brace. The springs and struts are all stock '08 parts.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I would look at the front endlinks. I know you said it was coming from the rear, but I experienced a similar sound that I thought was coming from the rear when I had whitelines on, and it was actually coming from the front. More than likely you just need to tighten up the endlinks, though check the angle of the front endlinks to make sure that it isn't super-severe and rubbing on the bars or something. Make sure you do this on ramps or something as jacking up the car can cause some problems when you are trying to tighten that stuff down.

It might be a good idea to make sure the nuts you undid when you put on the strut bar are all tightened down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Second that on the popping being the endlinks. I also have the whitelines but both front and rear. In my case, I get the clunks/pops as soon as the nuts start to come loose, so far only on one side. It hasn't worked for me yet but you might want to try some loctite if tightening doesn't do the trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts