Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone that has seen the target boost (~16psi) of this map? Been driving aggressively for over a week, and only seen 14.5 WOT in 4th and 13.5 in 3rd. I have the very latest revision of the map updated 3/11/08 Curious to see what you are getting ??? BTW I'm running 93 oct.

·
Registered
752 Posts
have you tried taking out the T with the restrictor pill?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have you tried taking out the T with the restrictor pill?
^^ Not a good idea man... many including perrin have told me it may cause serious issues/spiking. Plus they got 16 psi stock w/pil in place :p

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Have any of you guys PM'd the Perrin reps on NASIOC? Normally I wouldn't suggest going there but it doesn't look like they are going to come to us.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i think the turbo is only capable of 17psi, so i dont think spikes would be an issue. The ECU should be able to handle that.
you could test w/o the stock T. If the car doesn't boost more, you probably have another issue. and you can always put the stock T back.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I installed the revised perrin stage 1 map for the ride home from work. Feels much improved. I would bet I'm boosting around 14-15psi. Didn't want to stare at my AP while driving in complete darkness. I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I'm getting exactly. Oh and thanks 08OBPWRX :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have any of you guys PM'd the Perrin reps on NASIOC? Normally I wouldn't suggest going there but it doesn't look like they are going to come to us.
I've been in email contact with Jeff from Perrin since I installed the ap a week ago :-\ He had mentioned the car not boosting to full till the exhaust manifold is hot enough. if I do 2 or 3 pulls in a row it rises slightly each time. If I'm not satisfied I'll try the pill :p

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yeah I actually called Perrin yesterday and was lucky enough to get Jeff on the phone. He made me feel better about the whole situation. He sounded unsure as to why people would be having problems, but apparently it's not really widespread. He did say that the 91 octane map was tuned with Oregon 91 octane which is different from CA 91 octane, so they can't really promise how it would do for CA people. But he did say it's still way more aggressive than the Cobb maps and the butt dyno would register that. I think I'm sold. The only sticking point for me at this point is that I wasn't really planning on buying a Perrin downpipe and I don't think they would send me a free stage 2 map for another vendors DP :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
hye guys installed my rerrin 93 oct stage 1 map. i can def. feel a difference in power but have yet to see what boost im making. what option on the live stats shows the boost pressure on the cobb ap? Also what do you guys shift at with the new map since the redline in snow 7000 rpm ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah I actually called Perrin yesterday and was lucky enough to get Jeff on the phone. He made me feel better about the whole situation. He sounded unsure as to why people would be having problems, but apparently it's not really widespread. He did say that the 91 octane map was tuned with Oregon 91 octane which is different from CA 91 octane, so they can't really promise how it would do for CA people. But he did say it's still way more aggressive than the Cobb maps and the butt dyno would register that. I think I'm sold. The only sticking point for me at this point is that I wasn't really planning on buying a Perrin downpipe and I don't think they would send me a free stage 2 map for another vendors DP :eek:
Not wide spread? I have not seen a post yet with someone hitting 16 psi. Has anyone on here hit 16 psi?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Email I got was similar... Not one person has seen the 16psi or the 300ft/LBS perrin did :mad:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ That prolly about where I'm at, or so it feels. I would like you to compare that to the AP DYNO feature thats coming out ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts