Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Potential" (keyword) 08 WRX owner

Hi I'm the same babs on subaruforester.org. Happy owner of an 07 urban gray XT 4EAT.. Sold off our other vehicle and it looks like I can finally get my left foot happy again with a clutch pedal... and you have no idea how happy I am about that simple fact.

So... working some numbers and looking at WRX's.. The much criticized new body-style has actually made it possible for me to consider one (hehe.. so you can blame me I guess for the longer body). Made the mistake of sitting in one while the XT was getting serviced.. Fits me.. far far better actually than my Forester... So digging the manual, larger driver room, telescopic-steering, and yes I'm also a 5-door fan.. The practicality also puts me in WRX market where the trunk version didn't.

I'll probably go base (just out of sheer penny-pinching), BUT.. and this is a big but... I really digged the niceties of my XT limited... fog lights, heated stuff, de-icer, and THE BODY MOLDING... Man it really makes the look of the new WRX I think. BUT, I truly don't need the radio (I'm going to rip the thing out and go aftermarket with burr-brown's and processing capability .. far better sound quality than these OEM Clarion's).

... So I may have to break down and go premium, but what's your thought?? Premium worth it or a waste??

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Re: "Potential" (keyword) 08 WRX owner

Welcome to the forum! As for the value of premium, I personally think it's worth it. I do like the heated seats and wipers. The lip kit and (especially) the rear diffuser helps the look somewhat. If the buyer doesnt live in an environment where winter stuff is necessary, I would go with just WRX.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

I got the base and talked them down to 21k because I figure for what I'd pay for "premium" stuff I could get better stuff aftermarket in a few months anyway...

but I didn't care for the body styling and fog lights anyway (the OEM lights are junk)

·
Registered
77 Posts

how did you get to $21k??

MSRP on one with just about 0 options is $25850, invoice is $24337, holdback is $994 and there is $1000 dealer cash. -- bringing dealer net cost $22343 which means they lost over $1300 to sell a new WRX, that is providing it did not have any extras on it. if it had extras, they would have lost even more.

Losing money does happen, but not usually on brand new bodystyles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hey fellow over at Grayson. ;)
That scoot I mentioned.. Just took the 1st initiative to give it a happy new owner.. Here's the specs... I probably jumped the gun on pricing, but hey who knows.. I'm throwin' in a 1500lb bike lift for Pete's sake. hehehe.. Could ya imagine a new ride that's darn near paid for? niiiiice! I'd probably have to spring for the premium, then part out the audio for some alpine, Seas (pronounced "See As"), Scan-Speak and JL Audio gear.. Do the job right on a budget. (I'm Babs on
DIY Mobile Audio forum as well.. reading vicariously through those that can actually spend the coin on audio)

Or maybe just spring for "springs".. hehe

http://www.hdforums.com/m_3222917/tm.htm

·
Registered
549 Posts

how did you get to k??

MSRP on one with just about 0 options is 850, invoice is 337, holdback is 4 and there is 00 dealer cash. -- bringing dealer net cost 343 which means they lost over 00 to sell a new WRX, that is providing it did not have any extras on it. if it had extras, they would have lost even more.

thats what i wanna know too!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

how did you get to k??

MSRP on one with just about 0 options is 850, invoice is 337, holdback is 4 and there is 00 dealer cash. -- bringing dealer net cost 343 which means they lost over 00 to sell a new WRX, that is providing it did not have any extras on it. if it had extras, they would have lost even more.

thats what i wanna know too!
Yeah....i'm interested as well, do tell!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

I also enjoy the size of the new WRX, I used my friends 05 last year to go to tahoe in and it was a bit too small, my shins were smashed into the bottom of the dash and my head would hit the roof if we hit a big bump. Im 6'5" and fit great in my 08WRX

·
Registered
519 Posts

Nice scooter! I have an '03 Fatboy. I think that my WRX would go before the Fatboy... damn did that just slip out. LOL! I am sure that you will enjoy even just the base WRX over the Forrester. Hope it all works out for ya.

Seth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts