Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm interested in purchasing an OBP WRX sedan in the near future but have a quick question. How much did you guys pay for your WRX's? Or rather, has anyone been able to purchase this car below MSRP? Thanks!

-Jinho 8)

·
Registered
577 Posts
+1 fish.

what he said.

·
Registered
577 Posts
PS do plenty of research. 8)

go in there knowing exactly what you want and what you want to spend

·
Registered
700 Posts
if you have too make to subaru dealers work against each other. get the best deal you can then go to the other dealer and see if they can beat it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MSRP?! Whats that? Invoice is key! Or at least close to it..........
hahaha WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?! ???

yeah... well i'm in a situation right now. hoping you guys could give me some good advice with what to do! Well I live in San Antonio, Texas and there's only one subaru dealership here...which really isnt a dealership, it's more like a shack...well anyways they don't have the color and options i'm interested in. There is however this other dealer at Austin which is a good 50 mile drive north. I checked their inventory and found my perfect WRX :D. So what should I do, drive to Austin or settle for something in town?

THANKS GUYS! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
MSRP?! Whats that? Invoice is key! Or at least close to it..........
hahaha WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?! ???

yeah... well i'm in a situation right now. hoping you guys could give me some good advice with what to do! Well I live in San Antonio, Texas and there's only one subaru dealership here...which really isnt a dealership, it's more like a shack...well anyways they don't have the color and options i'm interested in. There is however this other dealer at Austin which is a good 50 mile drive north. I checked their inventory and found my perfect WRX :D. So what should I do, drive to Austin or settle for something in town?

THANKS GUYS! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!
you can ask if they will trade between dealers........ but personally I would call the dealer at Austin, and think about driving there.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Usually the dealer will trade, If not I would take the drive. 50 miles is nothing if its ur dream car ;). Plus you'll have a nice ride home after ur purchase ;D. keep us updated

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would trading between dealerships lessen my chances of making a better deal price-wise?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I wouldn't think so. As of right now with the ecnomy at its worst the salesman should be doing anything to get the deal.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The main problem I see with a dealer trade is that some person will be driving your car in unknown ways to deliver the car at the San Antonio dealer.

·
Registered
577 Posts
the drive home would be worth it.... 8)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
worth the trip....

·
Registered
327 Posts
DRIVE! You will be much happier driving 50 miles to get your dream car rather than settling for what was closer at the time. Try and get pricing online...anyone of us could tell you how much we paid, but the price you are going to pay will differ from state to state, city to city, etc. I walked out paying ~25k. Did I pay too much? I don't think so...I researched and got quotes like crazy and that was the best deal I could work out. Just do as much research as you can and drive the extra 50 miles if it means you'll have the car of your dreams. ;D P.S. Welcome to the club in advance. ;)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
+1 on the driving plan. I drove about 20 miles to get mine and I wish I had driven farther. The first ride is sooooo fun in your new car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts