Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have kept in on since owning the car. the handling is a little weird to me hitting turns hard vs my forester xt which had a very modified, stiff suspension. i was trying to put my finger on it and i would describe it as squirrelly. i turned it off today on the way to work and the handling felt much more preditcable. i thought it felt much better then with it on. any preferences out there. i guess in the snow i would turn it on.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have an STi and have the VDC off and DCCD rear at all times.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I guess I don't drive my car hard enough, then. I drive with mine on all time, and don't notice it. Maybe when I do auto-x I'll notice.

Though I now have SUPER soft winter tires on it, and don't want to ruin them now.

joneSi

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have only had it activate 2 times. I definately dont drive the car as hard as you guys. I have tried driving with it off though, dont really notice much.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have an STi so i have it on the green light most of the time, all those with an sti understand

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have an STi so i have it on the green light most of the time, all those with an sti understand
For those of you who dont
Green light = delayed response by the VDC, auto brake and the tq limiter have a higher limit before being activated.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i keep it off unless it's raining or snowing...

otherwise taking turns a little fast is way too jerky for me, it feels more fluid when its off
Jerky is a very good description. i almost feel like it could cause you to have an accident. i busted really hard some turns coming home from work and the handling just seemed so much better. snow or very rainy days i'll use it also.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
for autox definitely want it off, for daily driving I don't mind it
Unless whiteline can get their 'black box' out for the wrx/sti 8)

Only time will tell there...

joneSi

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
What bugs me is that I have to keep turning it off. Anyone figure out a way yet to keep it off at all times? :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts