Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Premium" Sound System: MP3 Tag Info?

It looks like the premium sound system displays folder name and file name for MP3s it reads from discs rather than album/title tag information. That's a bummer.

While I'm here, does anyone know of a way to get it to shuffle across all 6 discs instead of just across one disc at a time?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Re: "Premium" Sound System: MP3 Tag Info?

mine is getting song name and not just files name i think... maybe im wrong but i can see that and the artist too

·
Registered
498 Posts

I think it will do either. You just have to play with the Text(I think) button a little. I don't think you can get it to radomize between discs. That would really add to the time between songs.

·
Registered
382 Posts

I think it will do either. You just have to play with the Text(I think) button a little. I don't think you can get it to radomize between discs. That would really add to the time between songs.
Add time, and likely wear the unit out within a relatively short period of time. These 6-disc changers are nice to in "theory", but they have a history of breaking after a few years in nearly every car I've ever seen them in. Hopefully this will not be the case with out units...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks. I guess I'll have to sit with the car parked and play with the controls awhile.

As for wear and tear, yes, I can see that being an issue with shuffling across discs. Once my two years are up with Verizon, I'm thinking iPhone, and that will be the end of the issue--just shuffle from there (I can shuffle with my enV right now. Just haven't gotten the Round Tuit to plug it in and play with it, plus I only have a 2GB card in the enV, vs. 4.2GB with 6 MP3 discs in the CD changer).

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

I'm thinking iPhone, and that will be the end of the issue--just shuffle from there
HAhah lets me laugh, you think a Ipod will be the end of your issue.... reliability speaking MP3 player are the least long lasting and most unreliable piece of electronic around these day ;)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Ipods maybe.

My Creative Vision M has been dropped sooooo many times and that thing is a tank. Went through 2 Ipods crapping out before I wised up and bought an MP3 player that is more go than show. Plus, no more protected files = unlimited sharing without getting nickle and dimed by big brother

·
Registered
646 Posts

what, we can play mp3's? wow, learn something new everyday

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yeah, the CD changer in the premium sound system can play discs with MP3s and WMAs on them, but it cannot read the tag information out of the MP3 files.

It *will* make use of tag information with the iPod kit, but this is still a glaring omission.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts