Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pride & Joy

My '08 WRX Sedan. Had it since March, never posted any pics though. Got a few at the house, a few in the backroads of the Ozarks, and a few from a RallyX.

Nice day to debadge/wax/wash (This is pre SPT CBE install)

Playing around on a few roads near school

My first RallyX! (Came in 2nd in my class....lost to a professional co-driver lol)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Pride & Joy

So now you've SEEN my car, why not see the sound too? Thats right, here for your viewing pleasure you can see my exhaust sound. Below are some 3d surface maps of my exhaust in stock form, with SPT catback, and a straight pipe. It was recorded 5ft behind the exhaust tip at a 45 degree angle. The A-frequency weighting was used because it weights various frequencies based on the tendency of the human ear to amplify/dampen them. The plots show decibels on the Y-axis, frequency on the X-axis, and RPM on the Z-axis (the darker line in front is idle ~500 RPM. Each line progressing back is an additional 500 RPM all the way up to 4500)

Here is the setup used to record the sound (car is my friend's former '07 2.5i)

Here is the data from my car....

Stock Exhaust

SPT Catback

Straight Pipe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I actually did 8 runs that day and had 3 different co-pilots. Both of those shots were a fellow member of StlSubaru (he ended up winning the day with his '97 turbo Outback semi-JDM powertrain'd frankenwagon)

Also had a friend from school and some random person ride with me. I found that the extra person helped keep the car balanced in hard turns. And driving with James(seen in the pics) improved my time drastically, he gave me some 'gentle' pointers as I was going around the course lol.

James' Frankenwagon (with me getting pointers riding shotgun):

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

Those pictures are great! You look like you've been having some fun with your car.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Nice Pictures of you getting down in your WRX.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well of course I'm gonna 'get down' in my rex. Its not exactly like I bought it to sit somewhere and look pretty LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Coming soon!

22mm Whiteline FSB (2-way)
20mm Whiteline RSB (3-way)
Front and rear spherical Whiteline endlinks
Whiteline rear chassis brace
Group-N 5MT Tranny mount
Kartboy Holy SHIfT Kit
Perrin Subframe Lockdown System
Some '02 WRX stock rims with Blizzaks

Hopefully with the extra offroad experience under my belt (approx 90 hours on Ozark gravel roads), and the new parts I'll be ready to go for next years' rallyX season! Stg1 is enough power for me at the moment....just looking to >TIGHTEN< everything up a bit.

·
Registered
717 Posts

sick pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts