Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd throw this one out to all the people with 2008 wrx's with the sat nav option, maybe even the people with the standard unit

I have had this happen at 4 random times since i had the car (Oct 07)

The problem is when i start the car the FM, AM, CD & Video all make a really bad static noise.
When you drive the car while its making the noise the frequency of the static increases (noise gets higher). When you change gears the noise goes up and down with the rpm
If I turn the car off and start again the noise goes away.
I have a feeling there is a bad earth and the sat nav is earthing through the ariel. I talked to the local Subaru dealer and they have no idea what it may be and to record it on my phone and they will put it on there database.

Any help on this one would be fantastic.

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Reviving an old thread but I have had this problem since I got the car, seems like it's happening more and more often. It bugs me but its just a simple off on while moving. Oh well I just need to make a list of what needs to be looked at so when Subaru looks at my car and repaints it they can do other stuff at the same time ;D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is it all factory? I know that with aftermarket systems if the RCA cables are run near the power cable it will cause interference. A buddy of mine had ran the cables improperly on his car and everytime he would accelerate the sound would whine and follow the pitch of the engine.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My bad I didn't read close enough. I can't imagine the factory wiring being too close to each other...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts