Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my new prosport boost gauge is not very red. It doesnt really match the cluster. But when i shut the car down it turns dark red and matches perfect. Cant seem to figure out how to wire it to stay this dark red color. Prosport is closed today so ill just call them monday if i dont figure it out

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I noticed my new prosport boost gauge is not very red. It doesnt really match the cluster. But when i shut the car down it turns dark red and matches perfect. Cant seem to figure out how to wire it to stay this dark red color. Prosport is closed today so ill just call them monday if i dont figure it out
It isn't supposed to stay that dark red.
That is the warning color.

It matches the cluster pretty well in my opinion. That or I just got used to it

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I feel like I was misinformed as well. I was told that it was going to be "Red" but when I got it installed.. its was showing an Amber Color. (really pissed me off) It was too late for me to do the return and exchange since I was already at the shop with everything layed out, ready for install when I found this out. Soo needless to say, I have 2 unwanted gauges hanging on my pillar.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I feel the same as you guys do. I know my review of the gauges probably wasn't something widely read, but I mentioned the off colored red in my review. I found that actually if you're gauges are on full bright it matches pretty well. I keep it a notch or two below full bright so it doesn't really match. If it bothers you that much run your instrument cluster on full bright if you can bare it. It's too bright for me so I just suck it up, but if you find a way to run that dimmed red color let me know. I wonder if we can tap into a line in the dimmer switch so it can at least be run not on full blast.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes the prosport doesnt really matches. What i did is the mod to change the illumination of thr stock needles red and then with your lights on dimm it just one step. Then it matches pretty good. Also after a little you wont even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Is this for the white needle prosport gauge? If it is I run the boost gauge..matches the dash to me :shocked:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its white needle. It matches ok. But wish it was a little darker. Im about to take it apart and find out if i can change it around to make it darker red

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thats one of the ideas i was thinking about. Its very difficult to take one of these apart. The bezel is pressed clamped around the rest of the gauges body. Only way around it is with small screwdriver and slowely pry it open milimeter after milimeter until you do it all the way around. Then when you complete that and take the bezel off you will have to remove the needle to get the face off to get to the sm leds. Its not impossible but difficult specially putting the bezel back and clamping it back around. Def wont be like new since they use a machine to clamp it all the way around at the same time. Dont ask me how i know it lol. I have tried it with different gauges. Same setup tho. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts