Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I pretty much got my ProSport Premium Gauge installed last night... It was sort of a pain in the @ss... The instructions are PISS POOR AT BEST!!!!

Here are the instructions AND JUST THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE PAGE!!!!:

That is it…

Yeah I know I read the instructions ::)

The gauge is connected and basically working correctly, I found the POSITIVE pressure it is pretty damn close to my AP I am happy about that.

I am running into one problem, according to the instructions (Bottom portion of the page # 7) I have it set up to run White during the day and red at night.

I am getting a white display wether the headlights are on or off...

The instructions basically state the White wire goes to the ACC connection or a constant power supply. Either Fuse #13 (ACC) or Fuse #24 (Audio Unit/Clock), both will work. The Amber wire goes to fuse #14 which is the headlights which would make the gauge switch from white durning the day to red at night, makes sense to me.

OH WAIT there is an ORANGE wire. Where does that go?? There is nothing in the instructions to where I am supposed to stick that wire!!! :eek: :eek: :mad:

So I am thinking that the Amber and White, will go to the constant power supply, Orange will go to the headlight connection and black gets grounded.

Does that sound about right to people?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got her figured out... This is what I found:

Red = Constant Power Source Clock/Audio Unit- Fuse #24
White = ACC Power out let - Fuse #13
Orange = Headlights - Fuse #14
Black = Ground

So I am thinking that the Red and the White wires can be combined and put into Fuse # 24...

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Can you get the starting beep to turn off?

I've tried the 'holding the peak button before you turn it on' method, but to no avail...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you get the starting beep to turn off?

I've tried the 'holding the peak button before you turn it on' method, but to no avail...
This is from ProSport Guages FAQ page... This should help out...

Q: I have Premium Series Gauges with Warning and Peak recall, how do I silence the warning beep?
A: Simple- Push and hold the button-Turn on the ignition-wait for the ceremony to finish- release button.

Q: I tried that but each time I turn the car off/on it comes back?
A: You do not have the Red wire connect to 12v CONSTANT power. That is what holds memory. White and orange wires go to ignition/accessory power or headlight switch depending on the lighting result you want.
Mine starts of red and turns white when I turn my head lights on but doesn't turn back to red unless I shut off the car lol
Sounds like you have the red and the white wires swaped. Will not go back to red unless you turn the car off... hhhmmmm that is weird!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine starts of red and turns white when I turn my head lights on but doesn't turn back to red unless I shut off the car lol
AFTER (yeah that is after ::)) I installed my Gauge, I compiled some good info... I have a little bit of rewireing to do also. If any of these are not clear than I can email a PDF.

This came from ProSport (#1 Wiring is the Key)...

This came from the "Subaru Manual"

This is what my fuse panel looks like:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
^^What are those fuse thingers? Did they come with the gauge? I'd like to clean up my wiring a little nad I'd relaly like to find something like that.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep they are called "Add a circuit". They are about 10 bucks a pop. Really make it pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can buy those at Advance Auto or Auto zone, in the fuse section...

The do not come with the kit...
awesome, I'm getting some asap.
Make sure you get the "Micro Fuses" the fuse that is in line with the wire is the new circuit and I used the 10amp fuse.

I just cut off the end and soldiered the connection cause the boost wires are so damn small...

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
See that's what I have...

I've got the red patched into the Audio, and I still get the beep every time I turn on the car...

Red is on 24 and amber is to 14,

When I have my lights off everything's off...

Is that how it is with you Left Coast?

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Alright so I've tried swapping the wires,

So the gauge comes on when I stick the turn the key and does it's little shutoff when I turn the key but don't take it out...

As long as the key is in it keeps its memory...

If I take the key out it resets,

If I switch the wires, the gauge only comes on if the headlights are on and still resets if I take out the key...

I'm ???

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright so I've tried swapping the wires,

So the gauge comes on when I stick the turn the key and does it's little shutoff when I turn the key but don't take it out...

As long as the key is in it keeps its memory...

If I take the key out it resets,

If I switch the wires, the gauge only comes on if the headlights are on and still resets if I take out the key...

I'm ???

Any thoughts?
Sorry I did not get back to you right away...
I am having the same problems... But I looked at the wiring again... This is what I came up with.

I figured that I need 3 add a circuit’s in total.

1 – Red Wire goes to a consistent power supply IE the clock unit, every time you get in the car the clock is correct, so there is consistent power. #24
2 – White wire goes to the accessory outlet or an outlet that powers up when the key is turned - #13
3 – Orange wire goes to the headlight switch to change the color to amber at night - #14

Black wire is still grounded

Wires #13 & #14 are right next to each other which is a problem for the add a circuit. I am just going to turn one of them over so the fuses do not point in the same direction, then it should fit. I have not tried it yet, but that set up makes sense to me and that is what I am planning to do to my car.

That should keep the memory too... ;)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
18 Posts
correct! If you want the gauge to be amber all the time do not connect white wire. Just connect Orange wire to ACC (12v ignition curcuit)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts