Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am going to get oil pressure and boost gauges for my car when I go stage II. My question is, obviously Defi gauges are better but are ProSports really that bad? Basically, are the Defi gauges worth the extra $400 for the controller and gauges over the ProSport white needle series? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Alot of people love the Defi gauges, I personally use the Prosport white needle... the needle is always -1. Even when the car is set to ACC ON, it is supposed to be at 0 PSI but is at like -1 vac

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
So, I am going to get oil pressure and boost gauges for my car when I go stage II. My question is, obviously Defi gauges are better but are ProSports really that bad? Basically, are the Defi gauges worth the extra 0 for the controller and gauges over the ProSport white needle series? Thanks for your help.
For me...no, but I'm a DD and monitor my gauges for the uh oh you F'd up aspect. I'm not racing my car and therefore don't feel the need super accurate read outs that are going to give me exact values.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Look for Greddy, Sard, HKS gauges that are floating around, used even (I've run. . .five used gauges without issue). Mechanical (preferred) boost SARD & Autometer for years. .electronic Greddy & HKS (boost, water temp, EGT) as well. Quality alternative without quite the Defi cost.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me...no, but I'm a DD and monitor my gauges for the uh oh you F'd up aspect. I'm not racing my car and therefore don't feel the need super accurate read outs that are going to give me exact values.
My car is my DD, but I do go on some sprited mountain drives when I visit my family in northern Georgia. So, that is why I was wondering if the ProSport would suit my needs. It seems like they will, and if I ever want to upgrade later I can.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have 60mm stri dsd slims boost and oil and theyre dead accurate. Reads 0 when in acc they have warning and peak recall I love them

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can adjust Prosport boostgauges so it doesn't sit at + or - #.... They don't sit at 0 due to elevation and air pressure of wherever you're parked. Been using it for a year and I have no complaint.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I was gonna recommend maddad as a nice upgrade/alternative to prosport, but I don't think they make a red lighting/white needle oil pressure gauge. Just a warning to the OP I have prosport boost and oil pressure and they don't quite exactly match the cluster colors unless you run your instrument cluster on full bright (that's when the match the best) I run mine a notch down from full bright so they appear slightly redder and not as orangey. However if I were to do it all over again I think I would still go with prosports for the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts