Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
overseas imprezas come with push button starts right? where can i get everything i need to swap mine to push button?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I too would like to have said push button start.

·
Registered
954 Posts
why dont you just buy a universal push button start and wire it in?

·
Registered
988 Posts
1008P-003-001 PUSH ENGINE SWITCH 10-15 days
1 17,800 yen(JPY)
(197.58 USD)
Parts Total 17,800 yen(JPY)
(197.58 USD)

I guess it's not that bad if that's the whole kit. I think you are going to need more then just that push button.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
any update on this japanparts one or aftermarket buttons that are available, wiring wouldn't be complicated. i think the tougher part would be trying to find a flush oem looking spot for it in our usdm cars...any ideas or progress from the op on this yet?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I do think our cars would be bad a$$, if we had the same car starts like higher end luxury cars. Like how you only need to have your keys in your pocket to start your car!?!?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I wired up an S2000 push button in my old car...novelty wore off after a while

It won't start like a luxury car where you keep your keys in your pocket if you just wire up a button. Takes a LOT more than that.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
That can trigger a relay that enables the push button...

And I've never locked the steering wheel (do ours lock?)...but what about that? Which means you'll have to pull your keys out anyway

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
And what triggers the lock if there is one?

Haha next year won't see many power mods so I may have to take on some projects like this to keep me interested...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts