Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been throwing the idea of going with one of the tourqued performance maps. i went on the site just a minute ago and read it works with 91 or 93 octane. in theory im thinking my cobb 93 oct map will yield more power due to more timing on the higher octane fuel. if i run a map for either 91 or 93 its going to make my extra 2 octane just a safety net. is this worth the 85$ for it over cobb?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
The Cobb maps suck. All you need to do with the TP map is log it and send it to Eric, he will then adjust your tune to your fuel available.

·
Registered
191 Posts
question about tourqued performance map

Yes. The 91 or 93 tp option may seem less powerful because of the comparison to cobbs separate maps, but it will still outperform the cobb93 map. From a general perspective, youre already getting 1 more psi than cobbs. Additionally, you can get a quicker map revision from tp than from cobb if you get some knock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my map from cobb is 18.6 so i figured it wasnt too much boost difference. but now that i know he will adjust for fuel is nice to know. will i really see a noticable power difference or just safer tune. either route for a safer tune it sounds great. im trying to build the value in my head for it

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
loved his Stage 1 when I had my 08. Made the car feel like it should. I wish I could get a tune from him for my 06 STI. Erics work is top notch!

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
Lmfao .
Cobb = less hp to tp Everytime

Why the tp stage 2 tuned by Eric prop be more power and depending on your mods can be tuned up to as high as 21 psi .
Hands down its to ots to maps are better .

Eric can make ya 93 oct map if ya got 93 oct over 91 .

A ots map is to make a safe map for everyone to use still need to be logged and proven safe.

Eric takes logs and goes over them and mods them if ya want more then the ots .

The cost maybe more for the custom tuned stage 2 but the power gains will out do the Cobb map no questions .

Friends don't let friends run Cobb maps

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ha, drop the hammer one time after flashing the TP map and you're gonna see what we're all raving about. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
46 Posts
CN: You won't regret it.

Coming from a guy who just went from the Cobb Stage 1 tune to the TP Stage 1 tune, I can vouch that it's money well spent. Eric's going to identify any issues with your tune and correct for them accordingly. Cobb can only tell you to use a LWG or HWG map if you're under or overboosting. They're not going to adjust individual parameters for you.

As far as actual power differences, I haven't dyno'd either tune, but I was definitely pulled back into my seat farther with the TP tune. Feels like it comes strong quicker than Cobb. I was once in your position and all of these 3G guys answered all the questions I could throw at them and ultimately swayed me into getting the TP Combo since I'm not going Stage 2 until warranty is up.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Coming from a guy who just went from the Cobb Stage 1 tune to the TP Stage 1 tune, I can vouch that it's money well spent. Eric's going to identify any issues with your tune and correct for them accordingly. Cobb can only tell you to use a LWG or HWG map if you're under or overboosting. They're not going to adjust individual parameters for you.

As far as actual power differences, I haven't dyno'd either tune, but I was definitely pulled back into my seat farther with the TP tune. Feels like it comes strong quicker than Cobb. I was once in your position and all of these 3G guys answered all the questions I could throw at them and ultimately swayed me into getting the TP Combo since I'm not going Stage 2 until warranty is up.

So would you say that TP stage one tune is more aggressive than the cobb ots map?

·
Registered
512 Posts

So would you say that TP stage one tune is more aggressive than the cobb ots map?

yes.

·
Registered
87 Posts

yes.
how about for daily driving?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Best period

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

yes.
how about for daily driving?
ive been daily driving with tp maps for 3 years no issues!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I DD my stage 2 at least 70 miles per day. Car runs smoother, throttle mapping is more responsive and overall drivability is much better up to 3-3.5rpm. After that, get to smiling because that's what comes on after 3500revs, smiley time! 4th and 5th are like whole new gears. 5th from 60+ is so much faster to get going....I love it.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
As you are local to me, let me know if you need help with a tactrix cable.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts