Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 08 Impreza. I am new to Subaru, so if someone could help me out on some little upgradesi could do to my car, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Move this to some where more appopriate!

Anyway, you've got to ask yourself. Are you more of a "handling" modder or a "performance" modder or simply a "sound/cosmetic"modder?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Don't lump yourself into any one group. Strike a balance, you will have more fun doing that. I have been trying to do that too, as has pehon. A properly balanced car is hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
I just bought an 08 Impreza. I am new to Subaru, so if someone could help me out on some little upgradesi could do to my car, I would greatly appreciate it.
Impreza non-turbo? Congrats! Best mods in my opinion:

Handling: Set of sway bars, wheels/tires, springs or coilovers

Power: Catback exhaust and maybe an intake.

Looks: Personal choice - no wrong answers here, make it yours!

Let us know if we can help!

Welcome,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

·
Registered
359 Posts
grats on the purchase. I'd start off with some exhaust mods,however the market isn't exactly full of choices right now for them. Keep your eyes peeled or follow the advice of some of our members who have already purchased an exhaust. Im gonna just save until more options become available. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Move this to some where more appopriate!

Anyway, you've got to ask yourself. Are you more of a "handling" modder or a "performance" modder or simply a "sound/cosmetic"modder?
i wont consider sound and cosmectic modder to be part of the same group :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all the feedback everyone. When it comes to getting an exhaust, when there are more out, which is the best brand to go with? Same with sway bars and springs.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i alway love the borla sound, will see what they have to offer later

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Turbo model?

If not then you have to wait a little for the exhaust systems to come out. You don't want to go over 2.5" in the non-turbo models.

Rallitek makes a great set of sways.

There is also Cusco for the front sway and coilovers.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Don't lump yourself into any one group. Strike a balance, you will have more fun doing that. I have been trying to do that too, as has pehon. A properly balanced car is hard to beat.
Good point. =)

Anyway,

[quote author=coopwrx]From discussion that we have here, i think that unequal headers will give that rumble sound.[/quote]

If thats the case, youm mean the shallow "boxer" sound i'm getting in my exhaust isn't really the boxer sound?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, for us with the turbos the exhaust rumbles cause of the headers being unequal and there being a turbo that disrupts the flow of the exhaust causing the rumble sound.

So, let's say that you put equal length headers on your car, WRX only, then you will notice that the rumble goes away. The reason that there is a rumble has to do with the heat that the engine produces. See unequal headers cause one side of the motor to produce more heat thus causing the rumble sound. Equal length headers would be better for our car cause it would help the car last longer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts