Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally on the car!! Wasn't difficult at all. Love the difference especially with the Springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Any tips/tricks for installation? When did you place your order/when did you get it? I placed my order last week and it says it's on backorder 2-3 weeks. I plan on installing the sways w/my SPT exhaust(whenver that shall show up). I payed $502ish shipped, I bought the F&R sway kit+avo front endlinks+ralliTEK rear endlinks.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Are those AVO endlinks?

I'm considering just getting the sways with stock end links until I can muster up more cash.

·
Registered
327 Posts
these are at the top of my list, but the shipping wait is really turning me off.
I called RalliTEK after someone else got their swaybar kit and they placed their order after mine...and they said that they are completly out of rear sway stock. They were supposed to be getting a call from someone today regarding it. RalliTEK needs to get something in gear here, they always seem to be out of stock on things...which is a good thing I suppose b/c they are selling it but they have alot of people in the air about when they will get what they shelled out big bucks for :-\

·
Registered
29 Posts
^Thanks SleepingWRX.^ I cannot find a package (F/R sway bars) that is comparable for a decent price. I am already waiting on a CBE and springs from subarugenuineparts. I don't want to wait on anything else, you know what I'm saying?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People say you don't have to upgrade the endlinks but if you drive it hard I suggest it before you install just sway bars. It'll save you time and the rouble of taking them off and on again. Yes they are Whitline Front Endlink and I now have RalliTEK rear endlinks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Stupid question...does it matter if black or blue bushings are in front or rear? Other than the brackets being specific to front and rear.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they only fit one way....black in front.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I figured it out...easier when you are under the car. However, it makes a lot more noise, which concerns me(even though I did torque everything back to spec). Anyone else have alot of noise from the sways? I heard of creaking in the back, but this sounds like from up front.
****EDIT****
After driving the car again, it's inconsistant. It seems to make the noise more when turning or the wheels are turned. It sounds and feels like a flat tire. I read that you are supposed to feel bumps more, but it seems kinda excessive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I figured it out...easier when you are under the car. However, it makes a lot more noise, which concerns me(even though I did torque everything back to spec). Anyone else have alot of noise from the sways? I heard of creaking in the back, but this sounds like from up front.
****EDIT****
After driving the car again, it's inconsistant. It seems to make the noise more when turning or the wheels are turned. It sounds and feels like a flat tire. I read that you are supposed to feel bumps more, but it seems kinda excessive.
Yes I noticed a big increase in Noise with the RalliTEK F & R swaykit and I had one of the first ones shipped back in November. They sent me out redesigned/imporeved bushings and brackets for the front but the polyurethane bushings still squeak like crazy over bumps even with a ton of lube applied

1 - 13 of 13 Posts