Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pics of the Rally Armor Mud Flaps on an 08 WRX sedan? I've seen them on the hatches, but haven't seen any pics of them on the sedan. ???

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
ill be taking pics of my cat this weekend, if you dont mind the wait.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
^^^^lol random! ;D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
yeah sorry, didnt want to flood your thread with random pics of my car.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
they look awesome on the car -- makes it look less like a economy sedan and more like a pseudo-rallycar

sticking out from the sides kind of gives it the illusion of a wider stance as well

I still like the hatch 10x more :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
TJ, flaps look awesome, and BTW, I used your pics to determine if I should order the flaps for my sedan or not.... and I just did. Cant wait to have em! How long did Installation take you?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
installation takes about 20 minutes...

I recommend taking your wheels off or getting a stubby screw driver (the extremely short phillips head one you can get at most hardware stores)

for the back mudflaps, you'll probably want to remove the wheels and use the "drill method" (the instructions will show you) as it's a lot more secure

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
TJ, flaps look awesome, and BTW, I used your pics to determine if I should order the flaps for my sedan or not.... and I just did. Cant wait to have em! How long did Installation take you?
Thanks man.

Yeah, the install was really easy. I took my rear tires off to do the back ones and turned my front wheels all the way to the front ones. Did you get the UR ones or the basic ones? I have the basic ones but im going to get the UR ones in a few months.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I got the UR ones. The black with the red logos. Itll go nice with the black and red lipped wheels Im gonna get soon. Hopefully santa will be extra good to me this year. :D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I got the UR ones. The black with the red logos. Itll go nice with the black and red lipped wheels Im gonna get soon. Hopefully santa will be extra good to me this year. :D
Time attack style, nice 8)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just went to order a set and discovered that they dont sell their Classic mats for 08's. WTF I dont want shiny with red and white logo's, and I dont wany the plain budget ones,

Is there someone here that talks to RA that could pass the word alon the they should offer the CLASSIC mats for us.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Just get the UR flaps, they will dull over time as they get beat up, and even before that they don't really stay shiny. I have them and they lose their shininess after like 5 minutes of driving when they are clean. Plus, they won't permanently bend.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
you could send them an email, but chances are they don't offer them because there's such a low demand for them... consider what it would cost them to make -- they'd have to buy enough material for a whole run of them (since I'm sure they buy in bulk) ... the shiny ones aren't that shiny once you have them on for a while and they get dirty :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
my buddy has the urithane or w/e ones on his 5 door. I was behind him at night and well it looked like his car was going to fly away. No mud flaps for me they look retarted, they flap all over and shine wayyyyy too mcuh lite off the. here is a pic of them on a 5door and a few other teasers of his whip. Perrin front mount and a new turbo.

pic quality is kinda poopy it was off my shitty iphone :)

Oh ya those rims he has are from japan Special Order, EXPENSIVE!!!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
^^That's because they are CLEAN, and probably new. All it takes is a few miles for them to not look like that. If you can't stand the shine, a fine grit sandpaper should dull them sufficiently.

As far as flapping, mudflaps flap. They are meant to bend. A wrx is not a truck and the ground clearance requires a more flexible flap. Personally, I have them for utility, not looks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts