Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to Subaru and AWD cars. I caught the X games on TV and I really enjoyed the Rally portion. Are the American and World Rallys on TV at all? Any channel that shows these? Sorry for the n00b question. :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I used to watch SCCA pro rallies and the WRC on SPEED (used to be called speedvision, maybe it's called SPEED TV now)....

Unfortunately, I think they stopped televising both of these events on SPEED due to lack of interest and replaced them with god awful nascar.

Unless someone knows different, you really can't catch the rally races on TV anymore.

There is a post by weasel555 (maybe?) on this board about an online "channel" that streams rally footage. Try searching for it or PM weasel555 to ask him about it.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Live

youtube

torrents

lucky breaks catching it on TV

That how i get to watch rally sports

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bummer. OK. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used to watch SCCA pro rallies and the WRC on SPEED (used to be called speedvision, maybe it's called SPEED TV now)....

Unfortunately, I think they stopped televising both of these events on SPEED due to lack of interest and replaced them with god awful nascar.

Unless someone knows different, you really can't catch the rally races on TV anymore.

There is a post by weasel555 (maybe?) on this board about an online "channel" that streams rally footage. Try searching for it or PM weasel555 to ask him about it.
WRC demanded ridiculous royalties that Speed refused to pay. Last year WRC wasn't televised at all and you had to pay membership at the WRC website in order to view videos and listen to podcasts. This year the podcasts are free and they put up some free videos.

I don't think Rally America is televised at all.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

WRC demanded ridiculous royalties that Speed refused to pay. Last year WRC wasn't televised at all and you had to pay membership at the WRC website in order to view videos and listen to podcasts. This year the podcasts are free and they put up some free videos.

I don't think Rally America is televised at all.
Oh, good info, that explains the WRC then....then rally america must have just been canceled because the nascar fans didn't like it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well WRC doesn't make any money from selling tickets, besides Super Specials, so they have to charge a lot for TV stations to buy their self recorded programs to be profitable. WRC isn't popular enough in America for stations to pay the price.

Have hope for the future though. The popularity of Rally America should gain popularity from things like the X-Games and its heavy use in DC Shoe marketing and could bring the American Championship to TV. If it becomes popular enough it could also bring back the interest in the WRC and maybe even a USA rally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts