Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else hear any rattling coming from their dash? I had a aftermarket stereo put in, and it started after that was installed, so I'm wondering if its connected to the install, or if its a possible issue with the car - thanks

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Maybe the installation is not right... havent heard any rattle... just go back to the shop they should warranty there job and look at it

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have it too, but some well placed pieces of felt will do the trick. I have yet to do this because I was going to wait until after I install the wiring for the factory subwoofer and then place the felt on the backside of the trim pieces when I reassemble.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When you take the dash apart email me the diresctions of how you do it. I bought a ipod interface kit for my girls 2.5i and I am a little intimidated with taking apart a new car lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
wrxbandit: I just installed my subwoofer and had to remove the console and radio. I looked over the instructions for the ipod which can be found on this page: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1301481. Anyway, the trim around the radio can be removed by using your fingernails and prying it out gently. The tricky part is the console because after removing the two bolts in the console box you will need to pop the clips on the parking brake. After that there is just one screw that was under the parking brake boot that needs to be removed. The trim around the shift boot also just pops out. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a rattle in my dash too. It seems to be coming from the glove compartment.. trying to get used to it haha

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
LOL.. I have the same problem, I thought it was my bike tool. I took it out and still had the rattle. What the Hell is that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I hold a little pressure on my CD player my rattle goes away. But who is going to ride down the road holding pressure on the radio all the time. lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
LOL.. I have the same problem, I thought it was my bike tool. I took it out and still had the rattle. What the Hell is that?
haha i think the glove door is a little looose.. thats creating the rattle. I'm still trying to get used to it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
mine creaks a little bit when it's really really cold outside (like sub zero cold)

I just chalk it up to materials expanding and contracting due to major temp variation

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Bad Company I see max speed 141mh as your pic. Have you topped your car out? I have had mine to 139 and it was still pulling. I am kinda curious as to how fast they go.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a rattle as well. It seems to be coming from the front vent foe the windshield. I took it to the dealer, but he said it was not consistant enough to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Bad Company I see max speed 141mh as your pic. Have you topped your car out? I have had mine to 139 and it was still pulling. I am kinda curious as to how fast they go.
That's the top speed I achieved in kansas, I may have gotten another mph or two if I had kept on it but I had the rear hatch overflowing with stuff that I had left at home when I moved. TV, ebony nightstand, luggage ect. so I had an extra 500lbs and passenger in there. without that weight I feel that it may hit 150, though it may have contributed to it feeling so stable at that speed... As far as I can tell though I've got the top reported/recorded speed record for the 08WRX

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thats cool I was just wondering. I have not had mine to 139mph but I ran out of road I was coming to a curve so I had to back out or meet my maker. Backing out sounded like the best option lol.. If you do top it out let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
US WRXs have an electronic governor well under 150 mph

if you're hitting these speeds you're probably going downhill with wind behind you

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a rattle as well. It seems to be coming from the front vent foe the windshield. I took it to the dealer, but he said it was not consistant enough to troubleshoot.
I had a couple pf rattles coming from the inside. I linked it to the A frame on either side of the windshield and the B frame toward the bottom was rattling (or A pillar and B pillar, whatever those sections are called). I also had to replace the hood b/c of sliding into a mailbox and right under the hood scoop squeaks, it's the plastic piece that directs the air downward, haven't gotten that fixed yet, but soon. If the rattles are coming from the A pillar, then ask the dealer to put something in between the A pillar and the dash, that's what my dealer did and it virtually got rid of it except in cold cold weather.

·
Registered
67 Posts
US WRXs have an electronic governor well under 150 mph

if you're hitting these speeds you're probably going downhill with wind behind you
"That's the top speed I achieved in kansas"

what's not flat in kansas, I mean really.

the governor (if there is one) isn't below 141 because I would have had fuel cutoff. I dont think there is one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts