Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you folks please give me advice/steps on the rear bumper cover removal off a 2010 WRX sedan (or similar year). I searched the net and it says it's just a couple of clips and it should pop off. If possible, I just want to partially remove it to get access to the metal support behind the plastic—specifically the corner where bumper meets rear fender well. When I got sideswiped by a flying mass on the freeway, I almost managed to completely swerve out but the rear driver side wheels caught it and the debris slapped up against the fender/bumper sides. I was able to remove most of the superficial gash using Magic Eraser and some rubbing compound but noticed there's a very small dime-sized crack on the bumper from the metal behind pushing out a bit. Is it possible to remove the cover and hammer it back into place/shape? It's not really prominent, just an eye sore for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Wow, not even a single reply? I suppose this forum is only populated by advertisers nowadays… I had to sift through more than 10 Import Image ad posts to see any real content *sigh*

Reactions: terror tumor

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
i haven't popped off my rear bumper cover in ages but when i did i know it didn't take more than ten minutes. the entire instructions are in your FSM. use it. it is your friend.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks monki, I don't have a service manual but will look one up.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
sure thing. there's a couple threads on here (albeit a lot of them dead links now) for them and one on nasioc i believe. if you can't find it, shoot me a PM with your email and i'll assist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts