Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to get the rear diffuser from the wrx and will it fit my 2.5i? The back looks kinda plain without it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody know where to get the rear diffuser from the wrx and will it fit my 2.5i? The back looks kinda plain without it
haha that would make sense. Is it an exact fit?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
It is part of the bumper, so you'll have to get a new bumper if you want an exact fit, though I suppose you could do a hack job on it but I don't know how well that would turn out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah gotcha. oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
isn't it part of the premium package?

you'd have to get new bumperS (front and back) and side skirts

I'd just wait until an aftermarket option comes out, the subaru one isn't functional anyway, it's like a fake brake cooling duct

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The front bumper and lip are two pieces. You can get the front lip from the premium package separately, though as of now not a ton of vendors in the US sell them. I opted to just go for the non-premium lip, and will be adding the side skirts and rear side strakes/skirts when I can find someone who will ship them to me. I have boycotted the local parts department and there aren't a ton of subaru dealers in the area. I've been thinking of just calling flatirons tuning as I am pretty sure they are tied to the dealerships, but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Ya, I have already messaged them once, but didn't get a reply. I guess I'll try again. I hear good things about Subiegal pretty consistently though. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them already. I wonder how they make any money by only charging for shipping.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I emailed subarugenuineparts again and within a couple of hours I got an email back from Jamie with links to the new pages listing the skirts and spats. I ordered them right away. I've purchased a lot of stuff from them and I have yet to be disappointed with the service or pricing. I love that site, and I will blame them when I'm broke from buying all of their stuff. Though at least shelter won't be a problem as I'll have a lot of nice boxes that they shipped all my fun parts to me in.

I actually saw a picture somewhere, maybe it was here on 3g (I don't remember), but it was a shot of someone with the rear lip for the hatches. It actually looked really nice and I think I liked it almost as much as the diffuser, but definitely a different look. Definitely a much more cost friendly option and probably what I would settle on if I were looking to add aero accents and had a hatch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts