Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was wondering if any of you might happen to know if the rear diffuser from the hatch would fit on the sedan, except for there only being one cutout for the exhaust, would i be able to fit it onto the sedan? thanks guys

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just an FYI - The rear diffuser is part of the entire rear cover. I looked into getting one of these and it would cost about $280 for the cover and another $300 or so to paint it because it comes unpainted/unprimed. You also need a cheap set of different lower corner brackets to complete the install.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
There isn't a diffuser for the sedan. Most body kits are for the hatch as that is what the rest of the world gets. North America is the only market to see the sedan. You'd be better off just painting the lower portion of the sedan bumper matte black, the slightly visually separated area where the diffuser would be. It might actually look nice. Time to play with photoshop I guess!

·
Registered
253 Posts
damn. i see. do you know if there is any rear diffuser for the sedan?
As of right now, no, there is no rear diffuser for the sedan. You never know though, someone may come out with one down the road.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
you could see if an aftermarket one made for another car fits? but as far as I know there is no real diffuser for either car, just pretty cosmetic plastic pieces that don't do anything except add weight

·
Registered
79 Posts
the hatch is really sharp looking and i waffled for like five minutes going back and forth untill i looked at the taillights and those clear "european" look lights just looks so so so ricey to me that is the only reason i ended up with a sedan!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
crappy reasoning IMO, but sure.

most newer cars in japan/asia/europe have clear tail lights because the red just obscures the light output. clear lenses with red LEDs are much brighter and safer.

as for the diffuser... I'm going to be making my own pretty soon and I'll post up a DIY. I'm basically going to copy the idea done by the guy who made one on NASIOC except I'm going to make mine from aluminum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts