Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got done installing my STI pinks with one minor glitch.. I am following the Cobb install instructions and am torquing down the lower control arm bolt at the hub to 116ft-lbs when I began to notice that it was not tightening. I had just gotten done tightening the other bolt for the strut so I'm pretty sure that the torque wrench was still set correctly. So before completely destroying it I decide to back it out and see what's up. And there it is an elongated hour glass shaped bolt. Is 116ft-lbs the correct torque spec? Although I've done suspension work on my truck working on a car is a new challenge. A couple of noob questions. I ended up jacking the car up along what appears to be frame rails towards the front. Any reason I don't see this suggested in other post about jack points. Also I managed to squeeze a bit of grease out of the swaybar disconnect. Can this be repacked? I headed to the dealer tomorrow to get a new bolt.. Hope I don't need to new disconnect as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to locate some bolts at the local dealership. When I asked them to check on torque spec I was surprised to hear 89 ft-lbs :eek: for both the strut to lower control arm and the arm to hub connection. The guy double-checked it off of the computer and also confirmed that 129 is correct for the bolts on the front struts. Has anyone else double checked the Cobb instructions???

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Wow, that's pretty lame if they COBB instructions are that far off.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
wow that'll be an important flaw in the instructions IMO maybe you should email cobb 'bout that

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah 89 is the right spec. Just finished doing my spring install and couldn't remember off the top of my head so I torqued them to 100. No problems here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts