Subaru WRX Forums banner

Which would you prefer? The red tails with just the reverse lights cut out or with reverse lights +

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reverse Lights
or

Reverse Lights + Turn Signal

Just wanted some opinions, I'm kinda stuck in the middle ???

*Both photos courtesy of bluebatmobile.net

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
pic #2

but I don't like the film

it tends to look cloudy and aftermarket

I'd prefer to crack the lights open and tint the chrome parts with red or with black tint, then put it all back together. this way you still have a clear lens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd prefer to crack the lights open and tint the chrome parts with red or with black tint, then put it all back together. this way you still have a clear lens.
Where do you get the tint material?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd prefer the same, but trying to paint that chrome would be a nightmare. Paint doesn't adhere well to chrome, and the detail (especially between the LED lights) would be tough to deal with when prepping and painting.

What I really want is someone to come out with a molded, black background replacement light. I had something similar for the headlights of my previous VW but they were pricey ($400).

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well...I am not a 3g WRX owner...yet. However, when I do get mine...I'll go with option 2. Though by then there may be more options, and possibly a full replacement light, which IMO would look good so long as it was a similar design.

By the way, this is my first post...SWEET!

joneSi

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
They both look cheap to me. There must be better options.
Unfortunately not yet for better options, i'm sure they'll eventually release a version with a black plastic background and a clear lense. That's what i wanted to do at first, but my DGM would look too "dark" with that, that's why i opted for the red tails so I'd have some contrast...i already have black wheels afterall

·
Registered
223 Posts
They both look wack. Can we see any far away pictures of the whole rear of the vehicle? I think the first step for the 5-Door models is to get some chrome or clear turn signal bulbs in the back to get rid of the yellow when the turn signals are not on.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well for those who requested a pic from farther away this was the only one i could find. (found it on nasioc)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
lookin good! i like the 2nd one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts