Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a wire in the factory wiring harness that can be used for amplifier remote turn on? Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you referring to the 12V ignition wire? Because this would mean your amp is on whenever the car is on. Is there a way to turn your amp on and off with the factory head unit's power button?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my system will have signal sensing on the LOC, an AudioControl DQL-8, but I was hoping for something a little more reliable. Sounds like it's not an option with the factory deck. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Is there a wire in the factory wiring harness that can be used for amplifier remote turn on? Thanks.
Yes there is a wire you can tap into. Use a vampire clip and attach to the yellow/red wire. Yellow being the solid color and red being the stripe. This wire is located as a piggyback off the main harness to the headunit.

So, on the back of the headunit the harness on the passenger side that is directly plugged into the headunit has another harness coming off of it. The harness coming off the main harness is the one you want to tap into. That harness is also where you can tap into all the speakers if your doing a RCA line out converter. That's where I tapped in , instead of at the speakers. I Mounted the rca converter in my gloveblox.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The yellow/red wire is for the ignition switch. In other words if you used this for a remote turn on then your amplifiers would be on whenever the car was on even if the stereo was turned off. The yellow/red wire is not an actual remote turn on. It seems there isn't one in these cars. Just have to rely on signal sensing I guess.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The yellow/red wire is for the ignition switch. In other words if you used this for a remote turn on then your amplifiers would be on whenever the car was on even if the stereo was turned off. The yellow/red wire is not an actual remote turn on. It seems there isn't one in these cars. Just have to rely on signal sensing I guess.
I don't know but, I'm pretty sure it's the remote because it turns on the under seat amp/sub. The guy that comes to the dealership here and wires all the cars with electonics said he has always used this wire. Rember this yellow/red is piggybacked off the headunti. I'm pretty sure it's a remote, we may be talking about different harnesses.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wire you are talking about is what would be the yellow wire in a Metra wiring harness to add a new head unit. This wire has 12V whenever the car is turned to acc or on. The wire that would be blue in one of these Metra wiring harnesses is what I was hoping our cars have but they don't. If they had this then any amps connected to it would be on whenever the headunit is on. Not whenever the car is on. The wire you are talking about absolutely works just not the way I was referring to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts