Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to remove the metallic thing and before I can do that I need to remove the tail lights. The thing is, I don't know how to get to the third screw. Do i have to take the plastic thing off? If so, I got that mostly removed but I cant get the top part off. Is there a secret in doing this? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i removed it to check the bulb last week

there is no third screw, only the too in the inside, the other side is just clip, just pull on the light toward you from the back of the car it should unclip easely

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh and by metallic I mean chrome! was in a rush earlier today before work. Thanks, it felt as if there was another screw so looks like I was trying to do more work than what was needed.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats the part near the chrome on the right tail light. of course the dealership is closed on sunday so I won't be able to place an order till monday. Looks as if I get to be asking a few questions while I'm there! They are getting to know me pretty well...

·
Registered
717 Posts
damn dude ... ouch, get that taken care of. hate to see these things happen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
oh great... just when i ordered my smoke tail kit im seeing that ^ ...sigh im paranoid now that i'll break something...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i removed my right tail light in about 1min in a parking lots to check the bulb number without any problem

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i removed my right tail light in about 1min in a parking lots to check the bulb number without any problem
hehe i just actualy got it, that was only the innerreflector you were trying to removed

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh great... just when i ordered my smoke tail kit im seeing that ^ ...sigh im paranoid now that i'll break something...
Don't worry. I'll get instructions posted on how to do it when I get my replacement. I'll look at the diagrams and ask them how they do it since the dealership I work with is very friendly. Plus the guy I have been talking to likes what I am currently doing to it so it makes it even better ;D

·
Registered
125 Posts
http://hotsubarus.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=189

^ where i ordered my tail kit. this isnt the kind where you just put a plastic sheet over the stock so it's legit
have you seen a picture of an 08 with this tail kit? i didn't see one on the website.
there are pics of one on nasioc actually. because i am so nice i'll do you guys a favor and show you:

^blue.. i think

and...

^smoked on blue

and..

^smoked on white(which i ordered) wheels look nice.. anyone recognize them?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice. I really am thinking that this WRX is the best that they have made. I just wish that it came in the EJ20 motor.

·
Registered
125 Posts
FINALLLYYYY MY PACKAGE ARRIVES!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
damn those cover looks hot!! :eek: i definately got to orde a set of them. anyways, what is everyone doin about the chrome stip in the middle? i have considered having it painted factory color or stripping the chrome off and covering it in that 3m carbon fiber look stuff. any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
damn those cover looks hot!! :eek: i definately got to orde a set of them. anyways, what is everyone doin about the chrome stip in the middle? i have considered having it painted factory color or stripping the chrome off and covering it in that 3m carbon fiber look stuff. any other ideas?
guess it depend of your car, which colors is it ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts