Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey anyone here knows or have DIY the removal of their air scoop?

thinking of going to DIY with carbon stickers

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
yes, open your hood. remove the front most push pins that are holding the hood liner in. There is one in the center, and then one at each front corner. You can remove more, though they brake easily so I tried to remove as few as possible. there's no good way to remove them other than just pulling them straight out. They will probably break, I replaced them with some plastic rivets that can be purchased at pretty much any auto parts store. Once you have enough of those removed that you can access the bottom of the scoop, there will be 4 little nuts (2 on each side) and two clips in the center that are holding the scoop in. I believe they are 8mm, though I don't remember exactly. Anyway, remove those nuts, and then use a pair of pliers or whatever to release both clips from underneath, and then push the clips up. Then just lower the hood carefully so the clips do not reengage and pull the scoop out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, open your hood. remove the front most push pins that are holding the hood liner in. There is one in the center, and then one at each front corner. You can remove more, though they brake easily so I tried to remove as few as possible. there's no good way to remove them other than just pulling them straight out. They will probably break, I replaced them with some plastic rivets that can be purchased at pretty much any auto parts store. Once you have enough of those removed that you can access the bottom of the scoop, there will be 4 little nuts (2 on each side) and two clips in the center that are holding the scoop in. I believe they are 8mm, though I don't remember exactly. Anyway, remove those nuts, and then use a pair of pliers or whatever to release both clips from underneath, and then push the clips up. Then just lower the hood carefully so the clips do not reengage and pull the scoop out.
damn that seems to be alot of work.. will have to go take a look at it first before committing..

i was thinking of CF sticker the inner scoop.. saw it some where online and it looked SEXY !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts