Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to upgrade my factory head unit and speakers in teh 08 Impreza

But since i don't really feel like destroying the door pannel i was hoping someone else had already done something of the sort and could tell me how to remove from and rear door pannels as well as the head unit perhaps.

if pictures were included with your advice, i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
How will try to do a how to: as soon as i come back to canada, removed the panel twice yet but its hard to explain exactly without picture and without having the car with me

·
Registered
629 Posts
I don't believe they make a dash kit for our car yet.....CD player is super wide!! It's not difficult to take off the doors. a few screw and there is a place to pop off the window control toward the front to the car where it meets the panel itself, after that it pops off with those plastic gromets. I installed tweeters in the cup holder on both the front doors. It really fill the car with the highs!! ;D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Metra have released the adaptor kit for the 08.. just go check their website its out on the market since a few week already

·
Registered
629 Posts
Awesome!! Once again, thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
^^ +1 for the very useful info :D

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed component speakers in my sedan, i got good pics, and can write some instructions if you still need.... let me know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts