Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like this to use this thread to garner support from other 08 WRX owners. I am working to see if SOA is willing to offer an 09 upgrade package for all of us 08 owners. Because the 09 upgrades are largely bolt-on parts this seems to be a feasible option. Clearly this would be something we would PAY for, but at competitive pricing much like the current SPT parts offered by Subaru.

SOA could offer three packages:
1. Performance package - turbo, retuned ECU, exhaust
2. Suspension - Sway Bars, Springs
3. Appearance - grill, spoiler, aero kit, and wheels (optional)

I think this would be a very wise move by SOA. I know there are a number of disgruntled 08 owners who would be easily placated by such an offer. Subaru survives on its owner loyalty and the tight knit community represented on forums such as this. I know many 08 owners are frustrated but we do also realize this is a risk you take when buying a new model.

These packages would allow us to retain the warranties on our cars, while improving the performance and maintaining the value of our vehicles which would otherwise be damaged. I truly hope SOA will consider this as a viable option.

Please sign on to this thread if you are interested. I plan on sending a formal letter to SOA this week. While I know this is a long shot, there is no harm in trying.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
well thats a dandy idea but i dought itl happin :( and why would u want it why not put beter on for prooty much most likly the same price thel have it :/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well this off to a great start :D. One for the performance package. It probably is unlikely, but I didn't expect Toyota to give me 1.5 times KBB for my rusted truck either. This really won't cost subaru anything, one problem is perhaps limited market of 08 wrx owners and future GT owners. Maybe they could at least uphold our warranty if we decide to purchase the parts individually and have them installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this off to a great start :D. One for the performance package. It probably is unlikely, but I didn't expect Toyota to give me 1.5 times KBB for my rusted truck either. This really won't cost subaru anything, one problem is perhaps limited market of 08 wrx owners and future GT owners. Maybe they could at least uphold our warranty if we decide to purchase the parts individually and have them installed by the dealer.
Exactly!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
only people with 08 auto WRX will because GT, all of us with 5speed will not

·
Registered
382 Posts
Guys, your best bet is create a form letter and email SOA individually to show your interest in them doing something for '08 owners. Based on the '09, its clear that Subaru listens to the community, it should listen to existing customers even more so.

The idea of packages is unlikely IMO. SOA Blog has stated they are considering a bonus on trade-in, but thats the only official thing I've seen thus far.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm in...and if it's better that we all send individual letters..then fine...let's just write one up...and we can all copy it and send it in separately....who knows the may go for it

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i dont see the points
you can already buy:
The grille
The Rear Spoilers
a 300$ CBE
a 156$ set of spring

than you just get a tune over that and here's your packages

·
Registered
369 Posts
Right now I'm pissed enough to ask Subaru for a voucher to get a Ralliart.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i dunno why your pissed, its the same car and you can still achieved much more than that for not so much and do it your taste
lets wait for REAL 09 pricings... im pretty sure those change will cost something

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm just pissed because I could have waited a whole a few months for lot more car for the same price. But you're right, I should wait for the final price for judgment.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Here is the response I recieved fron SOA...

Date: 5 Aug 2008 11:41:04 -0400
From: [email protected] Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: RE: (SR #:1-56935153) Parts/Accessories Related
To: [email protected]
Hello Chris Carson:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Subaru Performance Tuning Parts for your 2008 WRX.

You can review all of the currently available performance parts for your 2008 WRX on the SPT site - http://www.subaru.com/microsites/spt/home.sptmain. We are also working on other SPT parts for the 2008 WRX models.

Do you receive the "Drive Performance Magazine?" We just received our copies today of the current issue. If you do receive this magazine, you should be recieving yours shortly. If you do not receive it, please let me know and I will mail you a copy. In this magazine, it provides information on the performance parts for the 2008 WRX models - those available and those being worked on.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. If you need any future assistance, please let us know.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Dealer Services Department

·
Registered
88 Posts
i dont see the points
you can already buy:
The grille
The Rear Spoilers
a 300$ CBE
a 156$ set of spring

than you just get a tune over that and here's your packages
You're right Coureau...but what gets my goat is I just got my STI pinks and according to the literature...the STOCK springs on the 09 are stiffer...grrr :mad:

oh and BTW SPT rear sway bar is out as well....$175....so is the front stut tower bar...$182....any one know how this compares to other after market strut tower bars???

·
Registered
88 Posts
here's what I wrote to SOA....I'll post the response when I get one...

Hi,
I'm writing in regards to the press release about the MY09 WRX. Us 08 owners are feeling a little jipped don't get me wrong, it's a great car but the 09 has so much that we would love on our cars. I think biggest of all, for me at least, are the suspension improvements. Are these parts going to be available for 08 owners? Are you going to offer the stiffer springs, sway bars, exhaust, downpipe, turbo and other improvements through SPT? I'm on a lot of forums and many 08 owners are frustrated. I think you can make a lot of your loyal customers happier by offering some deals on 09 parts for 08 owners. Just my two cents. To end on a happy note, I love my car and what Subaru is all about, but we are going to be pretty jealous of 09 owners and their cars' improvements. Thanks for your time.
Keith

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am in as well. I am sure subaru has allready gotten a ton of emails from 08 owners. Maybe if they keep getting them they will do something.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That would be nice.....i wouldn't mind having the premium package on the car. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guess I cant ask them to put a sunroof in my car huh? But I'd still like to see some kind of discount at least to help undate my car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
All I really would care about is the upgraded turbo and related parts. The STI spoiler might be nice, but I don't care that much about it. And frankly, I'd only want the parts for resale. Odds are I'll end up with a bigger turbo than even the 09s come with.

Rob

1 - 20 of 64 Posts