Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post where someone drilled a hole in one of the restrictor pills to reach a lower safer boost level... What would happen if someone was to take out the restrictor pill? Would it hurt anything or help? Please let me kno.. ;D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I saw a post where someone drilled a hole in one of the restrictor pills to reach a lower safer boost level... What would happen if someone was to take out the restrictor pill? Would it hurt anything or help? Please let me kno.. ;D
Is this the 3/16ths mod? If I remember correctly, It involves removing a vacuum line restrictor and it's been known to cause weird boost spikes. Usually considered to be a bad mod.

·
Registered
954 Posts
restrictor pill needs to be drilled when installing a larger turbo. i put a vf39 on my buddies 2006 wrx and cobb reccomended drilling out the hole. it was such a tiny drill pit, ended up finding it in a dremel drill bit set, it was the smallest one they had

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Pretty much allows more air to flow with less restriction so the hardware can function properly with increased capacity.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soooo not really a good mod now?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
752 Posts
i replaced most of my vacuum lines the first month i had my car. the stock ones didnt seem right to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i replaced most of my vacuum lines the first month i had my car. the stock ones didnt seem right to me.
Howd that work out? Did u put the resrictor pill back in?

·
Registered
752 Posts
as far as i know, my car was fine. i ran on stage 1 with meth, FMIC, and i turned up the boost a little with an electronic boost controller. i beat a stock STi and a lightly modded SRT4.
but that was a long time ago and i have been out of the loop for a long time. I'de say stick with the pill for now. If you move on to a bigger turbo, take it out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as far as i know, my car was fine. i ran on stage 1 with meth, FMIC, and i turned up the boost a little with an electronic boost controller. i beat a stock STi and a lightly modded SRT4.
but that was a long time ago and i have been out of the loop for a long time. I'de say stick with the pill for now. If you move on to a bigger turbo, take it out.
Haha Wow thas alot of mods with a stage one tune... did it run ok other than being fast?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Haha Wow thas alot of mods with a stage one tune... did it run ok other than being fast?
my wideband said the AFR was good, so i rolled with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts