Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 3months of being on back order I got my Podium feet to mount my thule rack.. Im waiting on getting the wind deflecter for a bit but It will come soon I hope.. The fit is great not like my buddies Audi where the bars hand out 8inches or more no both sides.. very happy with this product.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Where'd you get it that it was back ordered that long? Rackattack had a bunch of them.

Also, I can't tell for sure, but looking at the pics it looks like the fit kits on the rear feet may be backwards. The rear bar is angled up way more than mine, and it looks like the taller section of rubber on the fit kit is facing forward, rather than rearward. Am I mistaken? I'll snap a pic of my rear bar a little later for you to compare if you want.

Have you gotten to use it yet? Are those the clamps that slide out for loading?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it from rack attack but it took forever! no I just have the normal rack it does not slide out I had before I bought the fit kit so I just went with those.. I thought the same thing about the the fit of it but the instructions say thats the way it goes and I took it by a bike shop and they said it looked fine.. It holds my snow boards and skis fine so meh.. but for sure take a pic for me so I can see because I thing the same thing that it looks weird..

·
Registered
206 Posts
looking at the picture the rack looks to be installed wrong. the front is correct but the back is not. the rubber base mount is angled high on one side and low on the other. the front you have angled with the high side facing towards the front due to the shape of the roof. now the back should have the high side facing the back of the car because of the angle of the roof to level it off. that was my observation when i mounted it on my car. just didn't look right on the car with the angle until i swapped the mount around. anyone else who has the same rack? am i correct?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
^^I think you are right. I'll take some pics in a little bit. I mean it's not terrible, and probably doesn't matter for skis, but I suppose it could make mounting the bike attachments a little funky.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree it looks ackward if you look at it and I saw that as soon as I put it on like WTF but i checked and re checked the instructions lol so ill just flip it around when I have time it wont take long...

·
Registered
206 Posts
LOL. i actually didn't use the instructions so maybe i have it installed wrong. Curious what type of drop in gas milage you have seen with the rack?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im still running the tank out that I already had in it.. so i have not seen a change yet.. But I will doubble check the instructions once again tonight and I will post if its right or wrong.. It looks wrong to me like you guys said, and I could have read the instructions wrong I had just gotten off a plane from phoneix when I put it on.. so ill let you guys know..

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
LOL. i actually didn't use the instructions so maybe i have it installed wrong. Curious what type of drop in gas milage you have seen with the rack?
me neither. The only part of the instructions I used were for the faring. man, I feel like that was way too hard to install considering what it was.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry didnt get a chance to look at the instrustions yet but looking at it still urks me so I will prolly just flip it around here some day soon...

·
Registered
206 Posts
i actually took my rack off after the original install for gas mileage. i put it back on tonight. i am sure i am correct on how the bases should face. the rack does look pretty sweet. the faring works much better on this rack then when i had it on my forester. snowboarding trip to vermont this weekend. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
looks like i am looking at a 1/2 mile drop in mileage for local rural driving. i am guessing the drop will be more on the highway. the car mounting points are not snowboard friendly. i like having my boards bindings in the middle of each ski carrier. i ride a wide stance so the bindings won't make it in the middle of the carriers. the ski carrier clamps down right where the binding is. i have to put the back binding behind the back carrier. so the board isn't cnetered on the car. bummer.

the good news is no noise from the rack at all. not sure if i am going to leave it on since the snowboards fit fine in the car if you drop the rear seat.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah but I go snow boardng with alot of people and every week with alot of gear so the rack is needed for me.. plus my dog needs a place to sit in the car to.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
How are the runs where you guys are headed? It's still all man made here locally in SoCal so I'm still waitng and quite bummed its already Dec. with no snow.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got a good bit over the past week but the last 4 weekends I have been riding man made snow but Ill prolly be heading up sunday to check it out hopefuly more of the mtn is open...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
If you got some nice pics of nice conditions please post ;D

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ill have to snap a few I will prolly not get up this weekend now I was told I have to teach a CPR class on sunday so meh next weekend I guess.. here this pic is from last month you can see how much snow we didnt have :) it was mostly man made.. but ill take some next time im up there..

Yeah Im the one in the purple LOL JK..

^^^^^
I just think this one is funny

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
We got a bunch of snow at the end of last week in Winter Park. They just opened Mary Jane on Tuesday, and there were some runs with rocks and trees poking through the snow, but nothing too terrible. At least half of the mountain is still closed. I hear summit county has a bunch more open as they have gotten a bit more snow than we have up here, though I have yet to go down yet this season as I'm still trying to get my feet in working order.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah those pics are from keystone. . Im hopin to get up there maybe tomorrow or saturday.. I was planning on sunday but stuff came up..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts