Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took deliver today! Already has swirl marks, darn black cars. Happened with my last one from the dealer too. Best product to hide these, peeples?

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
isn't it unreasonable to collect a new car with body work imperfection? oh well. Welcome dude!

And to remove these marks, most wax off the shelf should hide these marks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recommend Collinite Insulator wax. Detailers secret. Easy on, easy off and tough. Check EBAY. got mine for 13.75 US shipped......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! I actually didn't want the car to visibly say WRX for sleeper reasons.

Got a Grillcraft grill for the scoop today, will post pix after install.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

Remove hoodscoop add stealth FMIC for super sleeper status.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

Remove hoodscoop add stealth FMIC for super sleeper status.
ORRRR... leave hoodsccop (so they think you still have a TMIC and just close it off and get the Perrin stealth FMIC... now thats real sleeper status!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love to do the front mount intercooler with no scoop! That would be waaaaaay down the line. I swore up and down I wouldn't mod anything before I bought the car, but so far I can't help but do little things here and there. I luv this car more ad more everyday.

The Grillcraft scoop install went okay. It's best to remove all the clips on the under part of the scoop so you can move the plastic fin piece out of the way for access. I didn't realize before buying the grill that I would have to drill holes on the actual painted part of the scoop (albeit it's deep inside), I had thought it would be deeper in and attach to the unpainted plastic pieces. Oh well, it looks like it could be stock and will at least keep large debris out and any folls that ould want to use the scoop as a garbage can! It seems like a quality piece but for ~$100 I think it might not be worth it. Either make one yourself or wait for Grillcraft to have a sale. Here's a low quality pic.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts