Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 and have never had a turbo car before.

I notice that when I'm around 3-4 rpm or higher and I shift, in that moment where my clutch is pressed the rpm's jump like 250 higher. If I hold the clutch, it then drops as normal. I used to think I was mistakenly gassing it without knowing, but after testing today I know that's not it.

So, is this normal? Does this happen because the turbo is still spooling? Or is it something programmed into the ECU just to prevent too low a rpm when shifting? Or do I have a messed up car? IT doesn't seem like a defect nor does it seem to hurt the car.

Thanks for you answers because I don't know!

·
Registered
700 Posts
i noticed this to. i think its the drive my wire which i am not a fan of at all. i think the ecu takes a sec to catch up

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
that's normal. it happens in a lot of cars.

i never had this happen in any other car. is it the drive by wire crap?
Yes it is. "RPM hang" there are settings that try to alleviate this via ecu, but it was designed to help rev matching on shifts. Most cars have a .5 sec delay or so.
I find it annoying as well. especially when you are at the red zone then the car jumps above it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
throttle hang/rev hang appears to be emissions related, delays the close of the throttle

this is my first DBW car and can say that I'm not a big fan thus far- w/ the cable the throttle was much more linear/predictable and this rev hang thing is obnoxious

1 - 7 of 7 Posts