Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here with out posting anything, so i might might as well say whats up!. this site is great. I have an 08 wrx.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in San Diego! I go to UCSD.
Sweeet! Here is an issue that i have recently had. I get a weird turbo rattle clank type sound after i installed my catless dp. Heres a pic. you guys/gals think this is too close to the body? I think it has something to do with the sound. it only starts making noise from 2.7 to 3.5 ish rpms. and here is a pic of my car too!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You still runnign the stock turbo or upgrade? Cause that is WAY to close. I have the same DP (catless) and way more room then that (at least I think lol) Imma have to look. And sexy color (same as mine hehe).

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Took a quick pic for you to show you the room I have:

What DP did you guy exactly? Meaning is it the LGT one or the actual WRX one? Is it for an older year by accident?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The problem I had is i wanted a open bell mouth, and i guess they dont make them yet for my car. On sat i got my car dyno'd. I was very very disappointed. I had the catless dp, 3 inch back to 2 cans. I also upgraded the injectors and a perrin tmic. The cobb off the shelf map put down 198.7 hp with 256 torque. The perrin map put down 191 with 248 foot pounds. The custom tune I had done was only able to pull 219 and 265 torque. The big ego killer was a honda l vtec that tuned right before me. he put down 220 to the wheels!. To say the least all money i put into the car, I could have made something else a lot faster. This morning i looked at my local subaru stealerships and they had my dream car. A clean 2005 wrx sti. It has megan coilovers, beefed up mounts and suspension along with awesome Defi gauges. It was just meant to be. Ill still poke around as always to see whats new with 3g! Great site!

Steve

·
Registered
209 Posts
So, is it you final decision to get the '05? What kind of dyno were you on? imstuner posted up some dyno results the other day with similar mods and was getting about the same numbers on a heartbreaker dyno. Its a common thing, so I wouldn't be too hurt about it. But hey, if you find your "dream car", what can you say?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was on a dyno dynamics, which from what i have read from other forums seem to run low. Ran into some financial issues with the dealership, so i might be back in my wrx. Well see i love the new car though. :)

Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am back in the 08. Lucky for me the bank would take the loan, so i have my 08 back. The sti starting to run really really hot last night, i think a hose split or something. So it all worked out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts