Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get the xm or sirius or whatever hooked up? i see we have the SAT button, but thats all i know so far ???

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Its a dealer option. You can buy it from them and install it urself or just let the dealership install it for you. I think its around $400 or something.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam thats alot of chedda. do i need to put one of those stupid extra antennas on top of my car?

·
Registered
519 Posts
No when the dealer installs it the antenna goes on the inside of you windshield in top passenger corner. At first I didn't like where it was but now I don't even notice it. You can't see it from the outside of the car at all.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No when the dealer installs it the antenna goes on the inside of you windshield in top passenger corner. At first I didn't like where it was but now I don't even notice it. You can't see it from the outside of the car at all.
hmmm. . .thats not as bad as having it outside i guess. is the clarity of the sat radio really a lot better than regular radio?

·
Registered
519 Posts
i wouldn't say that it is any better. I am not a total audiophile. I am have to have static free radio stations that when I am travelling across country I don't have to change channels every 50-100 miles because I am too far from the station. It will go in and out if you are in heavily wooded area or in a city with tall buildings. But I can say I have had sat radio for about 4 years now and I will never go without it again. Worth every penny if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
hmmm. . .thats not as bad as having it outside i guess. is the clarity of the sat radio really a lot better than regular radio?
Its not really about the clarity but about the stations available. XM or Sirius has a lot more stations then regular radio with a lot less commericals. Just music, then sports stations, comedy and a whole bunch more. I personally like XM better then Sirius but thats just me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've had XM since 2003... I use the SkyFi2 radios and have them mounted in the car, and the iPod jack gets the sound into the stereo.

It's nice to have, but man I gotta tell you... the playlist SUCKS. I listen to channels 8, 22 and 25 the most, and they like to recycle tunes a lot. It seems like every couple of months, they pick one or two artists and totally overplay their stuff. For the last few months it's been Leona Lewis, Donna Summer and James Taylor. They rarely play new stuff (granted 8 isn't gonna have "new" stuff, it's all 80's)... but on 8, they rarely play regular Top 40 stuff... they love to play obscure stuff that nobody ever cared about.

I've emailed them repeatedly about this and never get an answer... I've been on the verge of canceling for a while, but now that they're merging with Sirius, there really is nowhere else to go. I hate commercials, so I put up with it. Oh, and 22 has commercials on it too -- so you just have to switch to one of the other channels when they come on.

Rob

·
Registered
396 Posts
ROBg, where did you mount your xm set? I just got sirius , (not from the dealer-not worth $400) and im not sure where to mount the damn thing. I also dont like the idea of som extra antenna with a wire running from the outside of my ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts