Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my first post is a thread :D Pretty nice I'd say :D
Picked up a brand spankin new 08 2.5i Pearl White 5-door and loving the dam thing! I've only had VWs (and a couple of bmws) in the past but I've been secretly wanting a Subie for a while and finally I'm in it :D Chose the base model for now due to finances but will most likely upgrade to WRX in a few years.

Few newbie questions...
1. How do you set the unlock button to open all doors in 1 click instead of 2?
2. Ordered Cobb springs but I've read somewhere that the top nut on the front shocks needs to be changed when doing suspension?? What's that all about? Also do you have to disconnect the front axles for the suspension swap?
3. What is the best meanest sounding exhaust for the 2.5? Most I've heard on youtube are quiet.. :(

Anyway, I'm really excited to be here and no I can't get you an audition at my studio (some of you may get this joke) :p

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome!

the 1-click remote unlock hack is kinda difficult. I tried it but the 08 has a different set up below the steering wheel. instead of a few screws to gain access to the wires you need to splice, its several of those plastic mushroom shaped things you have to pinch really hard, and there like two right next to each other on the left side, so i gave up. If you want to see the full walkthrough on it, i think its over at scoobymods.com or something.

as for 2.5i exhaust my borla UEL headers came yesterday :) its the only way to get the suby grumble. Im sending them off to be ceramic coated tomorrow and my Stromung HFC will be here on friday. when i install ill post before and after vids, but keep in mind that it will be with stock cat-back for now, so it will still be higher-pitched and quieter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts