Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I don't know if this is anywhere on here, but just in case:
If you just want to sit in your car & listen to radio without the annoying seatbelt chime :
1. Turning ignition to 'ON';
2. Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times within 30 seconds
3. Immediately Turn ignition to 'OFF'
4. Enjoy & don't forget to buckle up when driving ;D

To reverse: disconnect battary / reset ecu
The seatbelt warning light will come on initially, but will turn off in a few seconds.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I tried it a few times gave up and went to unplug something underneath the seat... not the safest thing. I need to get around plugging them back in. So it works for the 08's?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Myself and anyone that gets in my car WILL wear a seatbelt wether they want it or not, I feel naked without it, so I don't need the annoything chime to remind me of it while im settling into my car. Do this at your own risk I guess b/c ppl who wear seatbelts will wear it regardless, ppl who dont, just wont.

snwbdr94, i dont know if you should be unplugging things that deal with your seatbelt, but it does work for '08s. Try holding the relase button down as you do it and going over 20 is ok, just as long as you do it with in 30 sec and follow the rest of instructions.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i never drove my car more than driving my car off my parking without putting my seatbelt, i know what you mean by feeling naked, its look somethings missing, somethings wrong...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
True the seat belt ding is annoying! gotta try the bypass thing. But as always Safety first. As wrx owners were smart and outstanding drivers if we weren't we'd be in a Lancer.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Safety first yes, but wearing a seatbelt when driving 20ft down a strip with 5mph speed limit... gets annoying. Last thing I need is to be told how to drive :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Did you know at 5mph you can't hold yourself back if you ran into something? So, be careful driving around without one.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Did you know at 5mph you can't hold yourself back if you ran into something? So, be careful driving around without one.
I'm sure I've crashed harder snowboarding going faster than crashing at 5mph in a car... just a thought. Again, this isn't a place where to teach people how to live their lives last I checked ;D

To the OP, thanks for clarifying that it does work!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Will this work for the passenger side as well?

I find that noise to be very annoying. I usually take my seatbelt off just before I park, especially when I'm reversing into a spot. I feel the belt is restricting me from looking back, that's why I take it off.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Okay, but is there a way to keep the car from beeping when using the remote for locking and unlocking? :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
it worked. I thought this was going to be a haha funny joke but going to see cloverfield tonight already made me feel like a jackass so I said wtf ever, I'll try it.

glad I did.

·
Registered
954 Posts
alright heres my question. the 08's have an OPDS sensor in the passenger seat, and its only activated when the seat belt is buckled and there is a passenger in the seat. will shutting the seatbelt light off on the passenger side mess with the OPDS?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright heres my question. the 08's have an OPDS sensor in the passenger seat, and its only activated when the seat belt is buckled and there is a passenger in the seat. will shutting the seatbelt light off on the passenger side mess with the OPDS?
im pretty sure it doesn't, i also think it is tuned on/off by someone actually sitting in the seat, not the seatbelt. if i am wrong, please correct me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
airbag still comes on with seatbelt off if there is a passenger

airbag is still off with no passenger

1 - 20 of 92 Posts