Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am loving my new setup so far. I got the resonator cut out of the stock exhaust and replaced w/ straight pipe, I installed the catted invidia divorced wastegate downpipe, and i flashed to cobb ap stage 2 93 while keeping the stock piping and mufflers for now. I am waiting for more catbacks to come out. the install went well the hardest part was messing with the dang heat shield and cutting it, and getting to the bottom nuts on the bellmouth flange.
BTW if anyone is installing the invidia dp i the future know that you will need a crows foot to properly torque the bottom center nut because it is too close to the bellmouth for a socket, unless you can find a shorty thin walled 14mm. i just used a open end wrench. i replaced the gaskets including the one supplied with the dp, and all fit together great with no leaks that i can see so far.
the sound is cool from inside with more rumble, but outside it kind of has a weird tone. makes me want a catback more. the exhaust is louder but not quite the "boxer rumble" lopey sound. the turbo and bov really sing now, lots of fluttering and swooshing. the performance is great, much stronger and quicker.
only thing is i havent got to install my boost guage yet, when i measured it with my ap, the reading seemed backwards. showed negative boost wheni was accelerating, and danced around pos. and neg. at idle. and wierd thing was that it jumped to high positive during shifts. anyone have that situation?
If anyone is interested in pics or sound clip let me know. all around i love my car even more now, well worth the money and time and little effort. thanks for all the info and help and keeping this forum updated and interesting.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
+1 scooter! Nice little write up. Now that I removed the stock muffler and replaced w/ straight pipe my mpg. increased from 22.4 to 23.4 .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hells ya, i forgot to add that...i was very surprised that when driving normal my mpg is better too, but when you stomp the pedal it really goes down alot quicker lol.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Were always interested in Pics and Sound clips. Bring'em on!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
+1 for sound clips and pics ;D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sounds a little too tin-canny IMO. im sure with better mufflers and full 3" pipeing it would sound great though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like i said it sounds kinda funny. just gave it a shot in the dark, posted for the curious to know. cant wait for catback.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wonder what the wagon would sound like without the resonator. Ive wanted to do the same thing because its a straight shot through the resonator and would make for an easy weld.

I say u should take the axle-back off! It would sound like a monster. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts