Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally thought the 08 STI made the WRX look castrated and the sedan didn't do it for me especially because the WRX doesn't offer the same bang for the buck. Still, I understand that Subaru is headed in certain direction with its models so who am I to say what is right for a car company, but things are changing are for me.

After doing this mudflap install on an 08 hatch, the WRX in general is starting to grow on me. I have also seen the WRX sedan that Crawford built up and I really liked how the body lines started to look in person.

It seems that Subaru is offering some great deals on the WRX and I am now torn between the sedan and the hatch so I thought I would post up to get some feedback from actual owners and to hear what others thought!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have a sedan. It is going to come down to a preference thing I think. I personally am not much into hatches. When I think of hatchback all I can think of is VW.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
2008 Subaru WRC = hatch.

There are functional as well as stylistic considerations when chosing models. That said, either one is a great car and any advantages in vehicle dynamics you get from a hatch are probably negated by the average drivers lack of skill (true at least in my case LOL).

I have a 6 mo old kid so the hatch has been pretty nice in terms of cargo area and the ease with which I can get around.

I also like the look of the hatch better, but like piperdriver said that's more of a personal preference and nobody can really help you with that. If you haven't gone down to the dealer to see one, I definately suggest you do. For some reason they look completely different (e.g. way better) in person.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Three main things kept me from getting a sedan.
The hatch is 1/2 a foot shorter in length.
The hatch can store more cargo. For instance, this past weekend, I went to Staples to get a printer/scanner/copier. There is no way the box would fit in the sedan trunk. Yes, I could have put it in the back seat, but why would I want to do that with a dirty box?
The hatch is the world car, everybody in the world gets the hatch. The sedan, North America car.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I got the sedan bece way i like the way it looks. IMO the hatch dosnt flow as well in non-STi form. Again IN MY OPINION i still like the hatch i just like my sedan better. Im not looa war with anyone.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
To be honest i didnt like either body style when i first saw the 08's. I really wanted an 07 cause i liked the body style better, the only reason i got a 08 over a 07 was that they were the same price as a used 07 but new. After owning the Hatch for about 4 months i love it. Theres so much room, i had a 6 foot box in the hatch the other day, barely fit but it fit, lets see the sedan do that without putting it on the roof. I agree with it not flowing well but hey its still good looking. I cant wait to see if they change anything on the 09's.

To each there own. you say tomato i say tomato. yea that doesnt work in typing. ;D

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
not much of a hatch person.i have a wrb premium wrx sedan and the ground effects make it look like a different car.i test drove a base model wrx and just the looks werent there.the sides of the car slope too much near the bottom.the ground effects also protect from the horrible paint chips.ive had mine 6 months and only see a few little spots.overall i love the car!they are all good cars,just comes down to what you like.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think the only thing other than your opinion that should matter is that there might be more aftermarket body parts, but even then everything in front of the rear wheels would be the same.

Stock vs. stock, I think the sedans look better. Modified, you can do some pretty sweet shit to the h/b's!

·
Registered
228 Posts
looks aren't everything
how about the hatch vs sedan profromance wise?
i picked the hatch cus it had a lower center of gravity
but i've also looked at the sedan and notice the exhaust on the sedan is different from the hatch wrx. my hatch has 1 exit pipe while the sedan 2

·
Registered
549 Posts
kind of wish i got the sedan now.. a modded red sedan ftw!! how often are you gonna see that?! i'll be the only one at every meet i go to~!

·
Registered
498 Posts
One reason I went with the hatch...

·
Registered
58 Posts
sedan is piece of shit, looking totally like corolla. Why do you guys think it's being sold only in us? HAHAHA
Thanks for your enlightened opinion. I assume you have a hatch? How are those ugly ass taillights treating you? Do you notice a lot of vomit on your rear bumper from other drivers behind you getting sick? Hehe

That's the main reason I didn't get a hatch. It looks like a Suzuki with Pep-Boys/Wal-Mart Altezza's.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
sedan is piece of shit, looking totally like corolla. Why do you guys think it's being sold only in us? HAHAHA
Thanks for your enlightened opinion. I assume you have a hatch? How are those ugly ass taillights treating you? Do you notice a lot of vomit on your rear bumper from other drivers behind you getting sick? Hehe

That's the main reason I didn't get a hatch. It looks like a Suzuki with Pep-Boys/Wal-Mart Altezza's.
Put down the your fists boys, this isnt a pissing match. We all have our reasons for getting our imprezas no need to fight over it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a sedan and I love it. I did not like the hatch at all when it first came out but it is starting to grow on me. But like someone else said....most people have the hatches so I like to be differant. it just comes down to your preferance

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

really no need to stoop to his level..... it's clear that his post is worth zero. Don't make this informative thread into a hate thread, we get enough of that already on other forums.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts