Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been kicking this idea around for a while, and wanted to post here to gauge interest.

As you may (or may not) know, there's lots of autocrossing here in the Bay Area/NorCal. There's the SF Region which runs both in the Bay Area and also in Sac. AAS (American AutoX Series) runs in Sac... UFO (United Five-Ten Owners) puts on events mainly out of Marina.

Sac is too far to drive for me... and I won't set foot at an SFR event for a number of reasons, so that basically leaves the UFO events, which are a month apart. So basically, I want more events! :)

I was talking with the UFO people about this idea, and here's what I was thinking...

If we setup a club, maybe call it BayWRX or something, we could rent the Marina facility each Saturday that the UFO group has a Sunday rented. We could rent their equipment (cones, trailer, etc), and run an event on Saturdays. They show up late Saturday afternoon in their RV and stay the night, setting up for the Sunday event. We would setup either late Friday, or way early Saturday morning.

The key, though, is to get enough participation to make it worthwhiel. UFO sells a max of 150 tickets per event, and needs to fill most of those to pay for the costs. Marina costs around $3000 per event for them, plus they have misc expenses on top of that... insurance, etc.

If I did something like this, I would run it the same way the UFO events are run -- I would parallel the SCCA classes, and everybody would be welcome, not just Subarus.

What do you guys think?

Rob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts