Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding that I more often over rev and go out of the power band, and I can't get past the fact that when I keep an eye on the tach even as large as it is I am not watching the road during the time I likely most need to pay attention.

So looking for something easy to install inconspicuous and perhaps removable for warranty service reasons.

Easy to install being top of the list. For the inconspicuous part I am thinking I can take a typical shift light, put the guts somewhere out of the way under the dash and maybe integrate the lamp portion into the clock cluster for a stealth install.

Ideas? I am off to browse summit and jegs...

My car is mostly stock and planning on staying that way.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
RAZO has a nice one and so does Pivot. Pretty easily hidden and removed as the lights attached by a wiring harness.

There are more out there but I've personally used these.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RPM switch I posted is programmable, I agree I don't want to play with pills. I'm thinking something even less conspicuous than what you picture for the light though:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=PRF-80208

Put that in next to the clock on the left, closer to the field of vision and no one will know. I am going to keep looking around for an LED lamp though, they have to be available.

Now I guess question of the day would be where to take the sense lead off of the ignition circuit. Looking at the service manual page WI-96 which is E/G(TB)-13 I think I can take off of pin 1 from any of the coil packs themselves, pin 9, 20, 31 or 10 from connector B21 or pins D18, D19, D20 or D21 from connector B137 off the ECM itself.

Further I guess because there is a line for each cylinder it's a single pulse system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts