Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was playing around with the idea of doing the interior a different color and wanted to start with the shifter trim first.

Does anybody have the part number or is anyone selling one that bought the STI trim? I'd like to have a backup in case I dont like how it turns out.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
subarugenuineparts.com have it

·
Registered
120 Posts
supposedly it does fit

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I almost wanna trade, though the shifter trim is one item that I am not 100% that I want to get rid of. I just like the 08 interior better, it's more plain, which I like. Maybe I can get one of the CO guys to switch me their seats and steering wheel.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
well if you ever do wanna trade id be more than happy to pay shipping to and from :)
I will let you know. I'm gonna take a look at some of the CO guys' 08's and see what all I want to swap back to the 08 version for sure. I tried to do a steering wheel swap, but my wheel won't come off. I need someone with a better torx bit and a braker bar or something.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I just can't get those stupid little torx bolts that hold the airbag in. terrible little bastards.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I like that wheel too. I generally like 3-spokes better, but there's just something about that wheel that does it for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
glad to see im not the only one, i felt like such a retard lol

but dammit if I just love that good old momo steering wheel, you guys know the one Im talking about?

I dont know if it came with all the 02/03's but it's friken sweet!
Haha I thought the same thing, it was hurting my pride as a man...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the STi trim is awesome. yes it does fit, but the WRX lacks the wiring harness to light up the STi logo

the 09 WRX trim is the same as the STi trim, minus the logo and minus the bright silver paint (it's dark silver / gunmetal)

I'll get the part numbers in a second...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
08/09 "STi" trim: 92126FG000JM $37.95 (*** requires the STi logo piece: 92129FG000)
09 WRX trim: 92122FG040 $16.57

I might be wrong but there's no picture confirmation... trying to find out if I can get a picture, or pop one out and visually confirm the part number.

visually confirmed. the prices above are at-cost prices, your dealer may not give you that price. subarugenuineparts.com has an OE parts catalog where you can order parts at-cost plus shipping.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
You mean the 09 has the bright silver and the STI doesn't or the other way around?

I ask because the pics of the 09 trims I found online are all that bright silver...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
You mean the 09 has the bright silver and the STI doesn't or the other way around?
other way around. STi trim has the logo and bright silver paint (same color as STi A/C control knobs).

09 WRX has the same SHAPE trim, but without the STi logo and it's painted a darker silver (same color as our A/C control knobs)

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Gotcha,

Haha our definition of bright is different, I see gunmetal as much darker...

We are now on the same page...

1 - 20 of 175 Posts