Subaru WRX Forums banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
the 09 WRX trim looks just as nice if not nicer :)
I already bought this thing. I would not want to buy another trim and leave this one alone.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I guess save up for the STi emblem... or maybe talk your dealer into giving you a good price on it?

or stick something else (cheaper STi emblem?) over it...

I was just warning future buyers that it doesn't have an emblem

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it might be the same size as the one that goes on the front grille? if so, they make fake ones of those on ebay for dirt cheap

·
Registered
314 Posts
Update for those of you who want to order the WRX trim. Jamie at SGP says there are no more of these to be found in the USA. 2-4 weeks ETA for an order from Japan. For my Canadian brothers... I just ordered one from my local dealer, apparently the warehouse in Mississauga has some if you're looking for one. Price is around $20 CDN.

·
Registered
949 Posts
lol ^^^ So many smileys. I will most likley do mine either thursday or friday and will try to get a DIY up here. Gotta get to my buddies house to grab his heat gun.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
haven't had a chance yet - swamped at work - but I promise I'll post it here soon. it involves making a new retainer ring.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
how did you get your leather stuff to fit in the trim?

nice knob!

I've YET to do mine... worky-work busy bee... been too busy to do it. maybe tomorrow... but tell me how you did yours so I don't waste time if my idea sucks.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
how did you get your leather stuff to fit in the trim?

nice knob!

I've YET to do mine... worky-work busy bee... been too busy to do it. maybe tomorrow... but tell me how you did yours so I don't waste time if my idea sucks.
Thanks!

I used an old coat hanger and just bent the metal to shape to hold the boot in place. It's not perfect but you cant really tell either :)

You should get on it, it's a subtle difference but really does tidy up the interior a little IMO

·
Registered
949 Posts
I modded mine a little bit using the 08 Shifter retainer ring. I used the dremel to sand down a few clips on the 09 trim piece and then I trimmed down the shifter ring itself, and used some hot glue to keep the shift boot on even better. Ill take a pic tomorrow if I remember.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts