Subaru WRX Forums banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I tried using the coat hanger method

it "worked" but there is not enough 08 boot material to fill the bigger 09 square hole...

so I'll be upgrading the boot

·
Registered
85 Posts
do i need to order Part #92123FG100JC (the whole shift boot for the 09) or do they sell just the 09 shift boot retainer ring? if so does hanyone have the part number for that?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
to get the ring unfortunately you have to order the boot

sucks, I know

but if someone is willing to donate their ring for a while I can have copies made

or just do what I did and use an old coat hanger... the tension alone will make it stay in place.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ok good deal saturn, jamie's shipping the trim and mat out to me today, so ill let you know how the coat hanger goes when i get around to it, cause the boot a) is over priced, and b) backordered till June/July.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I tried the coat hanger and couldn't really get it to work. It keeps popping out.
Is there some other way to get the boot retainer or a similar product?

·
Registered
88 Posts
ok so i tried ordering the parts from sgp and jamie said that there are none in the US, and there is no ETA from subaru. Any of you canadian boys have a number for a dealer or supplier so i can order these?! ;D

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just ordered the whole boot also. 92123FG100JC
It was $55 Can at the dealer which is probably cheaper then 46.54 USD and shipping.

·
Registered
85 Posts
jamie got 2 in today, i ordered 1, so if your lucky call first thing tomorrow morning and their might be one left. other wise youll have to wait till the end of july. prt # 92123FG1000JC

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ended up caving in and buying the complete STi shifter trim. Should arrive in a few days or so.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Installed my GT trim 2 days ago:

I bought 6 clips but only needed 4 and could have reused the ones from the original trim. Easy to install and goes well with my legacy center console.

Mat, trim and clips was less than $40 from parts.com

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
tell me about it even on my 08 I tried to throw on my old momo wheel from my Bugeye and the stocker wouldn't come off!

it's pretty much on my to do list as I have a VF52 sitting around that I need to put in.
should mail that VF52 over to the clammy, you will recieve decals for life!

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Alright, I wanna do this to my 08. It looks so much better.

So what EXACTLY do I need to order? The gray cover, the shift boot, and the mat? Anything else?

Here's the diagram on parts.com:
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=2&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2648&groupid=6592&subgroupid=2623&componentid=0&makeid=32&model=Impreza&year=2009&graphicID=7592346&callout=2&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0
You looking to do the STi shifter trim? You can re-use your 08 boot (at least I was able to for my 09--I think its the same). All you need is the shifter trim, which is like ~$70 and the STi light, which is about ~$30. Also, there is no harness for the STi light, I ordered mine from japanparts.com, but it was like $25--I'm sure you could use quick disconnects, and you have to tap into a ground and power even if you get the actual harness. I tapped into my footwell illumination wires, since those are just power and ground. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You looking to do the STi shifter trim? You can re-use your 08 boot (at least I was able to for my 09--I think its the same). All you need is the shifter trim, which is like ~ and the STi light, which is about ~. Also, there is no harness for the STi light, I ordered mine from japanparts.com, but it was like --I'm sure you could use quick disconnects, and you have to tap into a ground and power even if you get the actual harness. I tapped into my footwell illumination wires, since those are just power and ground. Let me know if you have any questions.
Nah, I'm just looking to do the regular silver trim from the 09 WRX. So I guess I just need the trim and the mat, right? Also, what's this I hear about clips?

Sorry, I went through all the posts in this thread, but I'm still a little unclear...

·
Registered
758 Posts
You looking to do the STi shifter trim? You can re-use your 08 boot (at least I was able to for my 09--I think its the same). All you need is the shifter trim, which is like ~ and the STi light, which is about ~. Also, there is no harness for the STi light, I ordered mine from japanparts.com, but it was like --I'm sure you could use quick disconnects, and you have to tap into a ground and power even if you get the actual harness. I tapped into my footwell illumination wires, since those are just power and ground. Let me know if you have any questions.
Nah, I'm just looking to do the regular silver trim from the 09 WRX. So I guess I just need the trim and the mat, right? Also, what's this I hear about clips?

Sorry, I went through all the posts in this thread, but I'm still a little unclear...
I'm not sure what the mat is you speak of, but I think you just need the trim itself. Not sure on the P/N.

·
Registered
537 Posts

I'm not sure what the mat is you speak of, but I think you just need the trim itself. Not sure on the P/N.
The mat in the tray.
I have been rolling with the 09 trim and no mat for about 4 month now. I can't seem to find any good rubber. Anyone know of a site online were I can score a small rubber mat that I can cut to fit the tray?

141 - 160 of 175 Posts