Subaru WRX Forums banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
i just did the 09 shifter trim install....all you need is the trim, the mat and the shifter boot, you can use the clips from the 08 trim.....i bought those 3 items and cost me just over $80 shipped....

·
Registered
758 Posts
Props for shucking out 150 on the shift knob. It looks awesome.
Lol, thanks...yeah, some say I'm crazy. But that knob really goes well with the interior. And its got a nice weight to it, too.

i just did the 09 shifter trim install....all you need is the trim, the mat and the shifter boot, you can use the clips from the 08 trim.....i bought those 3 items and cost me just over shipped....
Is the boot really different from the 08s? Hmm, I've never really been in one, can someone post what that trim looks like?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think the boot from the 08 is different because it's a different trim. The 09 trim is similar to the sti silver trim.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think the boot from the 08 is different because it's a different trim. The 09 trim is similar to the sti silver trim.
Yes the boot is different enough to warrant getting it from Subaru or other after market if you can find one. The 09 is more square and the 08 is more rounded, so with the new trim you run into issues trying to pull the leather to the square edges. You can do it but it doesn't look right.
It also comes with the plastic retainer piece that clips into the trim and holds the boot to the trim. Other have said that they used a coat hanger or similar but I have no idea how that could be done and stay in place.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Anyone who did the coat hanger trim for the 09 console. Do you have pics, does it snap in from the top, maybe a how to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont know why anyone would upgrade any part of there center console and not get rid of that pleather crap of a shift boot.
redline (redlinegoods.com) ships stuff from Poland and is pretty cheap.
Or if you want to work with some guys in the US who can answer a million questions try JPM Coachworks (http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=43)

Im waiting for my boots and cant wait.
Wish I could find a solution for the cheap plastic cupholder console. Hard to cover in leather with the cup oppenings.
That red stiched boot looks great a few posts back.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have RedlineGoods boots already and extended armrest cover in blue and black. Look in interior section (leather seats)
I made boot holder from a coat hanger, I hope it works, I am waiting for a red light for the cubby. I just got an STI leather ebrake grip.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My new shifter surround with STI ebrake handle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where did you get STI E brake handle...looks nice.
I know that white ball is comfy but it would make your interior tie in so much better if it was black.
Or black leather with red stiching to match e-brake.

I like how you used the red stiching to tie the pieces together.
I guess the flash makes your shift boot shiny.

I am sending my armrest and maybe center console and shifter trim to Alex at JPM Coachworks to do some of his leather magic for me.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I like the white knob, I bought the STI cover, for sale NASIOC.

·
Registered
324 Posts
^^^ you have an spt turboback?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Invidia downpipe and SPT CBE

·
Registered
324 Posts
Invidia downpipe and SPT CBE
08 WRX, WRB, Sedan, Premium, 35% Tint, SPT Springs, Invidia, SPT TBE, K & N, CAMTuned Stg 2, RPF-1 Gold 17X8, 235/45 Yokos, Wilwood BBK, Whiteline sways, Redline Leather Boots, Pioneer/Alpine/J L, Leather Seats, Kartboy SS/bushings, Lathewerks White Shift Knob.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts