Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to what everybody's preference is for a short shifter.

I have been reading some reviews you guys have posted. It seems that nobody really likes the Cobb SS, but a lot seem to praise the KartBoy. A couple of you have the Perrin adapter.

There is also an AVO and TWM, anybody know about these 2?

Im about to purchase one today and would like to know what you all think. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i have the kartboy and it feels great.keep the stock knob and the drop isnt too much.

·
Registered
253 Posts
+1 on the kartboy. It's pretty easy to install and it's a good price.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have the cobb installed now... not to impressed. I just orderded the perrin adapter to see how diff. it is. I'll keep u updated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the STi its nice not sloppy very quick and precise.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
+1 on Karboy. Easy to install, fits perfect, no rubbing. Threw a short machined knob on it and it's perfect now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ive got the cobb and love it, just be prepared with lube your going to need it on there 26.02 shipping fee!
do you have some looseness to it while in gear or neutral? I have same one and its about 1/4" loose and everything is tightened. Because of this being loose i get a extremely annoying rattle.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up going with the KartBoy. Install was quick and easy. The shifts are shorter as well as the knob height. No problems so far.

I would definitely recommend the KartBoy!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
HAD the cobb.. -1. Now I have the Perrin adapter installed w/ kart3oy knob and love it! +1 for the Perrin SS.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Full Kartboy set up FTMFW. ;D

·
Registered
0 Posts
HAD the cobb.. -1. Now I have the Perrin adapter installed w/ kart3oy knob and love it! +1 for the Perrin SS.
can the adapter work> cause i got the STI SS and i tried the perrin SS and i love it!!! you think i should add it? or change the whole shifter?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Apparently, the Perrin SS adapter only works on STOCK shifters.

Bro, live with it lah, it shouldn't be that bad right?

Later meetup let me try.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i made a short shifter out of the stock shifter. i went from a pic in the diy ss install of a aftermarket ss next to the stock shifter. if you have a welding machine it is really so easy. i shortened it and decreased the throw and installed it again in about 2 hours. no rattle at all not like some aftermarket shifters. saved about $140 and i am very happy with the results. ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts