Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know it's been discussed before but it's all somewhat old stuff any comments after a few months of use??? I' thinking Cobb because it's adjustable ( the cobb site is down tonight tho) anyway, anybody tried more than one??? and I read that any knob that fits the Stock one won't fit here...where did you get yours and wich brands fits?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey I know it's been discussed before but it's all somewhat old stuff any comments after a few months of use??? I' thinking Cobb because it's adjustable ( the cobb site is down tonight tho) anyway, anybody tried more than one??? and I read that any knob that fits the Stock one won't fit here...where did you get yours and wich brands fits?
Yo I got an STi short shifter kit for my wrx, and its ebing installed tomorrow at 8am! I'll let you know if its any good.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I guess that the standard Knob fits on the STI one so the one I have in sight surely will

C1010FA100 STI Titanium Shift Knob-5MT at SPT

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heyy COBB site is up this morning and I realized I read wrong it IS compatible with others knobs...this get one problem solved

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another dumbass question here...... :-[but I guess if I don't ask I'll never know for sure.......a shifter that fits a Rex fits a N/A right?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey, Shifter is installed and it works really nice. Shift is heaps shorter. Fells more clicky and precise. Exceeded my expectations.
Irt should meet yours.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, Shifter is installed and it works really nice. Shift is heaps shorter. Fells more clicky and precise. Exceeded my expectations.
Irt should meet yours.
Good luck!
thanks for the info is the overall length of the shifter also shorter or is it just the shifter distance that is reduced?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
KARTBOY!!!! The owner is a big part of the subaru community and recently ran into some large medical bills. He needs our support, buy his SS! I bought mine from him and i LOVE it. Pretty much stock height on the shifter with a 40% shorter throw. Coupled with some bushings youll be fat and happy. ;)

www.kartboy.com

·
Registered
417 Posts
Irt should meet yours.
Good luck!
thanks for the info is the overall length of the shifter also shorter or is it just the shifter distance that is reduced?
I coupled mine with a momo shifter knob which is the ball type, half leather half metal. Being a ball style shifter, its lower than the standard WRX one.

Basically I cant say for sure if my combo being lower is just because of the knob, or if its the knob AND shifter... I am pretty sure it lowered it a little though using judgement.

But I promise you wont be dissappointed with it. It gives the best feel for shifts now. I wish I had done it on WRX's I have owned before...
Completely gets rid of the crappy rubber shifts.

The rest is your oyster.. If you get it I'll be interested to see what you think.

I love it obviously and it is a bit priceier than the solo pole options but I now know why.

:) Good luck! and trust me!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
l0l okay I'll give it a thought Thanks for the comments :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts