Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shots from GMR & vid

just wanted to share

after the run i gotta say the stock bridgestone tires do wear out fast and not as much grip as i expected
u could hear some tire in parts of the vid

what are u guys driving experience with the wrx

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: shots from GMR & vid

after the run i gotta say the stock bridgestone tires do wear out fast and not as much grip as i expected
u could hear some tire in parts of the vid

what are u guys driving experience with the wrx
Bridgestone is never known to take sandy roads well... You must have taken many hard corners... ;D

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

my gosh that road looks intense O_O
It's actually not that bad. That's actually a well known road used for various testing. Tests by Edmunds were done on that road for the whole GTR vs the world deal the (canyon stage).
Its a bunch of "S" curves with a sharp corner after ever 3 or so curves with no reach emphasis on braking tech or accel tech. Pretty much a keep your speed up course to see how well the suspension handles bumps on the roads also. It goes into another stage hwy 19 that is a bunch of high speed corners and 2 sharper ones.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

that road is a bit intense
well maybe cus it was my first time there

my friend in the integra has been there once before so i let him lead

the other road that is more curvy i've been to is the canyon in malibu and tuna canyon

oh and just to give u guys a heads up. doing this kinda stuff is dangerous.
here's an example of what happened last time:

so be careful

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

that road is a bit intense
well maybe cus it was my first time there

my friend in the integra has been there once before so i let him lead

the other road that is more curvy i've been to is the canyon in malibu and tuna canyon

oh and just to give u guys a heads up. doing this kinda stuff is dangerous.
here's an example of what happened last time:

so be careful
If you want a longer stage try Ortega hwy. It takes a full tank to run at full throttle. It goes from ultra high speed to mid to low at the end, then the drive back to the freeway. Let's you also progressively take the car to tighter limits.
Angeles Crest Hwy is also connected to GMR if you don't go up to the "donut shop" pass it and it will lead you all the way to the 2 hwy. Last time I heard this was still open.
I just dont like the overall rhythm of GMR or Azusa because there are no real braking battle points to a tight corner. On the 19 there are like only 2 corners where this can be done right? You can hit 90mph+ then full braking to a tight 40-50mph right hander. Downhill and uphill still only 2 corners and both rights because it follows up with an immediate mid-speed left. GMR itself is pretty much tapping the brakes to get the front weight shift, endure the side gs while on the gas for a corner... rinse... repeat....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i've been on part of the 2 hwy

i was coming back from palmdale and took angeles forest to angeles crest (2 hwy) than to the 210 and home
it was pretty fast road. no real braking till i got to almost to the end
nice scenery though

·
Registered
209 Posts

wow.. hmm i wonder if i can find roads like that around my area. maybe i'll venture into the mountains this weekend to see if i can find a road like that :D

·
Registered
401 Posts

Im just waiting for this winter up in the laguna mts. for some snow on it's offroads. That'll be a fun time.

·
Registered
209 Posts

google maps helps alot haha
indeed it does! I found a mountain pass last weekend! yaaay! It's roughly 1.5 hours away from the city i reside in and it was called Mount Nourque or something like that. I'm going to revisit it this weekend and take pictures to share :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts