Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The side skirts or whatever they are have started coming off the sides of my car towards the rear wheels. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thumbs down to the 08's falling apart :mad:. sorry to hear about your side skirts. As always keep us updated. Glad to see you back on the forums ;D.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The side skirts or whatever they are have started coming off the sides of my car towards the rear wheels. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow.
one of mine is coming off also. passenger side towards the rear wheel. it's not bad, but it is noticable. And looks like a PITA to fix.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
hey guys I'va had this problem

I just went to mister dealer, for me Ice was the problem so she selpt overnight in a heated garage then they put it back in place it, freebie ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is exactly what one side of mine looks like. I'm going to the dealer in the morning and it better be a free fix! Looks like a bad design to me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
sorry to hear about that guys.... oh btw, nice tires ;D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That sucks, at least the dealer is taking care of it.

Those are some killer snow tires.

·
Registered
537 Posts
mine is doing the same. I think maybe some water got in behind it then then it froze do this s few times and the piece will pri itself off. There are some snaps in the skirt (that gois into holes in the rocker panel) I've tried pushing on them but they just don't catch. Maybe you need a tool or something to get it to stay.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
yess they are winterforces I like them a lot, back to summer tires and rims tomorrow though ;D

·
Registered
365 Posts
anyone find a GOOD fix on this? mine have just popped off for the 4th time. WTF? after my warranty expires in 10k miles, I sure as hell ain't paying each time these skirts pop off.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
mine never went off after being put back in place maybe we could take one of and check maybe drill add one or 2 rivets then shave it back

·
Registered
949 Posts
This has happend to me a few times as well. Like Zombie said they basically pop back in. May take a little bit of pushing to pop them back into place but they'll go.

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I purchased my '09 I noticed this on both side of my car. I was pretty annoyed to see this and had no interest in dropping my car off at the dealership only to have them screw something else up. It's actually really easy to fix on your own. No special tools required and takes literally no more than 10 minutes. After seeing what the cause was I don't buy the explanation that ice/snow causes this. Basically, there is a series of clips that are very similar to the clips found on the inside door trim. The rear side of each clip attaches to the inside surface of the skirt. What I found is that the rear most clips have very poor retention to the skirt meaning if the clips are not perfectly aligned with the hole on the vehicle body it will not fully engage and snap in and actually pop off the inside of the skirt. After re-installing all of the clips and driving through what is probably the coldest and worst winter I have experienced up here in Michigan, the lower clips are holding just fine.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
mine never poped out again after being reattatched by the dealer, it was too cold for me to handle out side :D and that was last winter so....I'm ashamed to say that I scratched the right one on a concrete walkway and it stayed in place so not bad ;)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
yeah maybe I should smash it harder to test it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts