Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2008 hatch that i picked up three weeks ago ;D i finally got the sti spoiler on and i got smoke tint for the tail lights (just need to get it installed) unless someone has done it and could tell me i wont mess it up lol.
Well i have about 250 to spend and im debating on tint or short shifter. Any ideas?
Ill update this thread time to time with every new thing i put on. I hope to get the tail light tint on this weekend!
So far i have 1300mi on the car (what can i say its fun to drive ;) )

also debadged the subaru and impreza. Came with sports grille right from the dealer =)

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Looking nice,

What plans you got for her?

Tint really makes worlds of difference, you'll be happy once it's done...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
yeah i know i had it on my silver bugeye and loved it! so maybe thats what im going to do this weekend.

Well what i would like for the car is a cobb ap. sways. springs, paint the rims a darker color like the 09's, short sfifter

then eventually tires and maybe rims

How much did you pay for your tint?
i've been quoted between 230-300 for the whole car

·
Registered
145 Posts
Car looks nice. I would recomend tint first. A short shifter is nice, but I am just as fast with the stock shifter.

Where did you buy the spoiler at?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the spoiler from the dealer when i bought it for 400 painted and installed.
Here is the pic of the tail lights and i should be getting tint tomorrow. Il also upload the other ones of the tail lights when i have the time.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The tail tints are really nice. BTW I got my 7 windows done for $150

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really what kind / color did you get?
And yeah they are awesome although now they have started to bubble and its bugging me, i guess this weekend when i have some free time ill have to fix it.
Damn thats cheap considering every where around here has quoted me 260ish. Its between a short shifter and sti pedals OR tint not sure which one im going with yet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got tint over the weekend, looks absolutely amazing imo. Ill post pics soon. i also just ordered the Kartboy ss and bushing so that should be a nice addition to my car =)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
really what kind / color did you get?
And yeah they are awesome although now they have started to bubble and its bugging me, i guess this weekend when i have some free time ill have to fix it.
Damn thats cheap considering every where around here has quoted me 260ish. Its between a short shifter and sti pedals OR tint not sure which one im going with yet.
So sorry for being so late.
30% up front 15% rears
Titanium tint. (not the reflective mirror kind)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Hmmm.. I am going up to Modesto next month wanna do my tails for me :)

LOL

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hopefully getting sway bars soon, thinking perrin 25 in front and 22 in rear. Any one have any objections. Then exhaust for sure

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Russ9127 that spoiler is sweet. Did you get the spoiler at the same time that you bought the car or did you get it afterwards? I want to get the spoiler too and I just want to know if $400 dollars is what I can expect to pay for it painted. Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Russ9127 that spoiler is sweet. Did you get the spoiler at the same time that you bought the car or did you get it afterwards? I want to get the spoiler too and I just want to know if 0 dollars is what I can expect to pay for it painted. Thanks
thanks its totally worth it changes the car a lot. I got it about 2 weeks after, the dealer opted the price into the purchase price and it was about 400-500 cant remember. They sent the spoiler out to a body shop for paint and when they got it back in they installed it. only took them about an hour to install.
hope this was any help

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, so I haven't posted anything in here for a while. I guess ill update my own thread with a short breakdown of whats on the car now and what has happened to her.

Current mod list:

-Rallitek fsb
-Rallitek rsb
-STi struts w/ cobb springs (fabbed to fit the wrx)
-Short shifter
-Cat-back
-Agency power shift knob
-Roof rack w/ yakima fairing and snow attachments
-Weather mats
-4 kenwood speakers
-bazooka tube
- 3rd rear bumper :'( (not my fault)

I plan on buying slotted rotors and stoptech pads in a few weeks.

Now on to pictures.

4.5k mile round trip to Canada

After being rear ended by an intoxicated driver.

All fixed

In Tahoe this season

New suspension! Note: I only bought the struts and springs

Santa Cruz

(most current photo)

And, my dog going for a ride. He sheds like a monster; hence the sleeping bag.

After 3.5 years it has been a long road with this car. Got rear ended twice (one was minor and did no damage). Went from stage 1 to stage 2 then back to stage 1 then stock. Suspension mods and roof racks were the most recent. And now she sits at 57k.

Tell me what you think!

I'd like to get an STi in a few years. Over summer I plan on re-painting my wheels and brake callipers. Any color suggestion?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I would be very interested to know how to make sti struts work in wrx

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The person I bought them from, (from what I understand) welded one of the holes on each of the front struts and then redrilled it to match the WRX knuckle. You can't even tell any fabrication was done except for the paint. I also have to use a space for each bolt in the front. The rears don't need any work and bolt right up. He said it was a lot of work and too be honest it would probably be easier to do something else.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts